Snow Snow blower chute deflector

/ Snow blower chute deflector #1  

Anonymous Poster

Does anyone have experience with the hydraulic chute deflector for the bx2750 snow blower? Is it something I can install myself? The manual makes it look easy enough except that it says "Attach the hydraulic hoses supplied by the dealer. Where do they go and what controls them?

bildud

/ Snow blower chute deflector #2  
Bildud,

I haven't actually installed the hydraulic deflector but looked into a hydraulic rotator. I've also read the manual you speak of. It doesn't look to be too difficult to install. You'll need to drill the holes for the cylinder attachment points. The hydraulic lines, from your dealer or elsewhere, would attach to the 4way valve using the opposite axis as the quick hitch lift. It would be really nice if Kubota would make a cylinder control to be mounted in the open slot in the right fender. That could be used for the quick hitch, chute deflector, or top link. I'd like it for the quick hitch so the entire loader could be removed w/o need to disconnect the arm and ram on the right side.

In the mean time I'm investigating the electric rotator as the hydraulic isn't available as there is no place to have it and the chute deflector connected.

The electric options are more inexpensive as well.

Good luck,
Michael

/ Snow blower chute deflector #3  
I asked the dealer about the electric chute deflector -- ballpark $350. I adjusted the chute three times last year. At that price I'll stay manual.

The rotator might be nice -- any idea of a price?

/ Snow blower chute deflector #4  
I'll take pics of my electric shute equipment and post them tomorrow.

<font color=red>Winnipeg, Manitoba</font color=red>
pamela-2.gif

2001 BX2200 (65 hrs)

/ Snow blower chute deflector #6  
Apparently winter is settling in way up north and Woodstock is trying to stay warm.

/ Snow blower chute deflector #7  
Woodstock,

I'd be interested in seeing the pics. I'm toying with building my own. I've got an old wiper motor thinking the two speed would be nice but then my father offered an old power window motor with plenty of torque. In looking at the manual they show a different rotator spiral screw, apparently longer than the manual one I have. Not sure why that should matter. Once I get some time to figure out the drive coupling (probably by spring /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) I'll post the outcome.

Thanks,
Michael

/ Snow blower chute deflector #8  
Here she is, the electric shute rotator.
DSCN2028.JPG

pamela-2.gif

2001 BX2200 (65 hrs)

/ Snow blower chute deflector #9  
Here is her good side.
DSCN2029.JPG

pamela-2.gif

2001 BX2200 (65 hrs)

/ Snow blower chute deflector #10  
What did that addition run you? And did the dealer install it - or did you? And where is the actuator located?

It looks like a nice, clean install.