Hard re-starting

/ Hard re-starting #1  

Foghorn

Tractor
Kubota 2910
I have a 2910 with 120 hours on it. I have no problem starting it when it's cold but some times when the engine is up to operating temp it's hard to get it restarted. It will turn over and fire up but then immediately shut off; some times it takes 5 to 15 times to get it restarted. I've have yet to replace the fuel filter but it doesn't look blocked and I don't ever see any water in bottom of the glass bowl. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Foghorn

/ Hard re-starting
I have a 2910 with 120 hours on it. I have no problem starting it when it's cold but some times when the engine is up to operating temp it's hard to get it restarted. It will turn over and fire up but then immediately shut off; some times it takes 5 to 15 times to get it restarted. I've have yet to replace the fuel filter but it doesn't look blocked and I don't ever see any water in bottom of the glass bowl. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Foghorn

/ Hard re-starting #3  
Could it be air getting into your fuel system somehow? If so, my manual (for my BX) tells me to bleed the fuel system by turning the key to the second position for a little while before turning the key all the way, which runs the fuel pump before engaging the starter. If your problem is flooding, this could make things work, but might be worth a try.

/ Hard re-starting #4  
Could it be air getting into your fuel system somehow? If so, my manual (for my BX) tells me to bleed the fuel system by turning the key to the second position for a little while before turning the key all the way, which runs the fuel pump before engaging the starter. If your problem is flooding, this could make things work, but might be worth a try.

/ Hard re-starting #5  
Is the fuel solonoid activating when you try to restart it?
Does the engine spin over like it does when cold?
Have you checked your tank and fueling source for water?

/ Hard re-starting #6  
Is the fuel solonoid activating when you try to restart it?
Does the engine spin over like it does when cold?
Have you checked your tank and fueling source for water?

/ Hard re-starting #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If so, my manual (for my BX) tells me to bleed the fuel system by turning the key to the second position for a little while before turning the key all the way, which runs the fuel pump before engaging the starter. If your problem is flooding, this could make things work, but might be worth a try. )</font>

On my BX2200 the second position you refer to activates the glow plugs for pre-heating the engine. The fuel pump is activated in the first or "ON" position. It does say that 30 seconds or so will allow the pump to work air out of the system. I'm not positive but I don't think the fuel injectors activate until the engine is cranking so this should not cause flooding.

/ Hard re-starting #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If so, my manual (for my BX) tells me to bleed the fuel system by turning the key to the second position for a little while before turning the key all the way, which runs the fuel pump before engaging the starter. If your problem is flooding, this could make things work, but might be worth a try. )</font>

On my BX2200 the second position you refer to activates the glow plugs for pre-heating the engine. The fuel pump is activated in the first or "ON" position. It does say that 30 seconds or so will allow the pump to work air out of the system. I'm not positive but I don't think the fuel injectors activate until the engine is cranking so this should not cause flooding.

/ Hard re-starting
wushaw,

To be honest I've never really listened for the fuel solonoid. The engine spins over and starts for a brief moment then dies. Everytime this happens I look in the glass fuel bowl and never see any water.

Foghorn

/ Hard re-starting
wushaw,

To be honest I've never really listened for the fuel solonoid. The engine spins over and starts for a brief moment then dies. Everytime this happens I look in the glass fuel bowl and never see any water.

Foghorn