Float postion, BX23

/ Float postion, BX23 #1  

Tollster

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, BX23
How do I engage the float position on the FEL? I think this would be useful for loading peat off the lawn after the pile was dupmed to prevent further damage to the yard? When its engaged does it follow the nap of the earth or contour of the ground because of it weight?
How can I tell when its engaged? I tried it this weekend but to no avail. I bumped the lever up a couple of times to see if that would engage it but it didn't. I also looked for some type of indent in the lever position but could not find one . I tried this by moving the lever up (holding it there) and bumping it left and right. What am I doing wrong? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Float postion, BX23
How do I engage the float position on the FEL? I think this would be useful for loading peat off the lawn after the pile was dupmed to prevent further damage to the yard? When its engaged does it follow the nap of the earth or contour of the ground because of it weight?
How can I tell when its engaged? I tried it this weekend but to no avail. I bumped the lever up a couple of times to see if that would engage it but it didn't. I also looked for some type of indent in the lever position but could not find one . I tried this by moving the lever up (holding it there) and bumping it left and right. What am I doing wrong? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Float postion, BX23 #3  
You engage the float by pushing it farward not left or right pushing it far right engages the quick dump. You just push the lever all the way forward it should stay there if you are not on bumpy terrain. It will probably not do what you want it will just keep digging deeper as you move forward as there is nothing to stop it. You can not see the indent it is inside of the valve. Push harder.

/ Float postion, BX23 #4  
You engage the float by pushing it farward not left or right pushing it far right engages the quick dump. You just push the lever all the way forward it should stay there if you are not on bumpy terrain. It will probably not do what you want it will just keep digging deeper as you move forward as there is nothing to stop it. You can not see the indent it is inside of the valve. Push harder.