Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Default Re: BX22 FEL cracked

A plate on the inside would work just as well as a plate on the outside and wouldn't mess up your smooth backdrag. I would start by a crack repair simply drilling the stopholes at the crack ends and then weld the crack shut from the outside. The crack doesn't look to be caused by wear through but by the curl forces on the bucket bracket.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

A plate on the inside would work just as well as a plate on the outside and wouldn't mess up your smooth backdrag. I would start by a crack repair simply drilling the stopholes at the crack ends and then weld the crack shut from the outside. The crack doesn't look to be caused by wear through but by the curl forces on the bucket bracket.

Had the same thing happen to the bucket on My B7100. The bucket bottom wore very thin and even bent.

My fix was having a metal plate welded to the bucket bottom. It was full width and coverd a portion of the bottom and back of the bucket. The fellas at the shop bent the flat sheet steel to the same angle as the bucket.

Egon [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Had the same thing happen to the bucket on My B7100. The bucket bottom wore very thin and even bent.

My fix was having a metal plate welded to the bucket bottom. It was full width and coverd a portion of the bottom and back of the bucket. The fellas at the shop bent the flat sheet steel to the same angle as the bucket.

Egon [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    CK30HST

I had something similar happen to an older Ford. The brackets pushed through the bucket where the arms attached. I welded the backside and also added plates over the cracked area inside the bucket. The plates were fairly thin, probably less than 1/8" thick so that they could be formed to the bucket curve. Back in business. Looks wasn't a concern at that point, just wanted a repair that would last. In my opinion, I think additional reinforcement inside would be a good idea. Good luck.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    CK30HST

I had something similar happen to an older Ford. The brackets pushed through the bucket where the arms attached. I welded the backside and also added plates over the cracked area inside the bucket. The plates were fairly thin, probably less than 1/8" thick so that they could be formed to the bucket curve. Back in business. Looks wasn't a concern at that point, just wanted a repair that would last. In my opinion, I think additional reinforcement inside would be a good idea. Good luck.

Tractor
    2005 BX23

This does happen all the time. It's not a big deal. My uncles old oliver has had a plate welded to it a few times over the years. You just need to go to a fabrication shop get some material, 3/16 ought to be plenty, the width of the bucket minus a couple inches on each end( or even just enough to cover the wear it won't affect your smoothing ablility unless you are trying to finnish concrete with it or something). have them bend it to the angle of the bucket it should extend about 6 inches on the bottom and maybe 3 or 4 on the back and have your friend weld it on then weld the crack.

Tractor
    2005 BX23

This does happen all the time. It's not a big deal. My uncles old oliver has had a plate welded to it a few times over the years. You just need to go to a fabrication shop get some material, 3/16 ought to be plenty, the width of the bucket minus a couple inches on each end( or even just enough to cover the wear it won't affect your smoothing ablility unless you are trying to finnish concrete with it or something). have them bend it to the angle of the bucket it should extend about 6 inches on the bottom and maybe 3 or 4 on the back and have your friend weld it on then weld the crack.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-2200

When I had a crack in a steel housing the welding shop heated the crack first to stress relieve it. Sometimes the crack will grow some more when heated. Then he drilled the ends and welded the whole thing.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-2200

When I had a crack in a steel housing the welding shop heated the crack first to stress relieve it. Sometimes the crack will grow some more when heated. Then he drilled the ends and welded the whole thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast