BX22 FEL cracked

/ BX22 FEL cracked #1  

copperhead1967

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota BX22, Cub ZForce S 48 inch deck
This morning was supposed to go a lot different than it did. I took of work today because I was going to finish up working on the drainage ditch along the driveway. Gravel was to arrive at 9AM. I went out to the bota to hose out the FEL bucket so it would be clean for the gravel. I scraped out the clay and rock and gave it a nice hose off when I noticed THE CRACK in the back of the FEL bucket. I was shocked to say the least.
I have had the machine for 3 years. 388 hours on it and I'll admit I did alot of backdraging over the past 3 years. Gravel on the driveway and smoothing out topsoil mostly.
I plan on getting the bucket welded and add some plates to the bottom and back bevel of the bucket. i want to add the plates on the outside and weld the crack on the inside as well.
What would be the best way to weld the plates on. I still need to do alot of backdragging and would want the bottom of the bucket to be flat.
What would be a good thickness of steel? 1/4 inch? I'll try to post pictures of the crack and repairs when they are made.

Attachments

• 890844-dsc01098 (4).jpg
    890844-dsc01098 (4).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 873
   / BX22 FEL cracked
This morning was supposed to go a lot different than it did. I took of work today because I was going to finish up working on the drainage ditch along the driveway. Gravel was to arrive at 9AM. I went out to the bota to hose out the FEL bucket so it would be clean for the gravel. I scraped out the clay and rock and gave it a nice hose off when I noticed THE CRACK in the back of the FEL bucket. I was shocked to say the least.
I have had the machine for 3 years. 388 hours on it and I'll admit I did alot of backdraging over the past 3 years. Gravel on the driveway and smoothing out topsoil mostly.
I plan on getting the bucket welded and add some plates to the bottom and back bevel of the bucket. i want to add the plates on the outside and weld the crack on the inside as well.
What would be the best way to weld the plates on. I still need to do alot of backdragging and would want the bottom of the bucket to be flat.
What would be a good thickness of steel? 1/4 inch? I'll try to post pictures of the crack and repairs when they are made.

/ BX22 FEL cracked
heres another shot

Attachments

• 890847-dsc01165 (3).jpg
    890847-dsc01165 (3).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 784
   / BX22 FEL cracked
heres another shot

/ BX22 FEL cracked
one more

Attachments

• 890855-dsc01101 (3).jpg
    890855-dsc01101 (3).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 621
   / BX22 FEL cracked #7  
This must happen all the time to the big boys, cuz you see so many buckets welded up with lots of wear material on them.
Take it to a heavy equipment dealer and ask who they have rebuild theirs, and go to them. It may even be the dealer himself, but let them fix it in the way they have learned works best.

/ BX22 FEL cracked #8  
This must happen all the time to the big boys, cuz you see so many buckets welded up with lots of wear material on them.
Take it to a heavy equipment dealer and ask who they have rebuild theirs, and go to them. It may even be the dealer himself, but let them fix it in the way they have learned works best.

/ BX22 FEL cracked
heres one of the tractor with the bucket off. looks kind of different

Attachments

• 890867-dsc01163 (6).jpg
    890867-dsc01163 (6).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 625
   / BX22 FEL cracked
heres one of the tractor with the bucket off. looks kind of different