BX23 - MMM keeps falling off

/ BX23 - MMM keeps falling off #1  

mrgries

Tractor
Kubota BX-23
This is the third season for my BX23. No previous problems, but this year the left side pin that holds the mower deck to the lift link keeps working itself out, eventually to the point that the left side of the deck falls off the lift link. Any ideas on why this might be happening? The spring that holds the pin in place seems fine, so I don't think that's the problem. Could I have bent something on the mower/tractor by bumping into something with it? Any suggestions for a quick/temporary fix?

Thanks in advance.

/ BX23 - MMM keeps falling off
This is the third season for my BX23. No previous problems, but this year the left side pin that holds the mower deck to the lift link keeps working itself out, eventually to the point that the left side of the deck falls off the lift link. Any ideas on why this might be happening? The spring that holds the pin in place seems fine, so I don't think that's the problem. Could I have bent something on the mower/tractor by bumping into something with it? Any suggestions for a quick/temporary fix?

Thanks in advance.

/ BX23 - MMM keeps falling off #3  
Why not temporarily wrap the link/pin with copper wire to hold things in place until you can figure out why the pin is not properly snapping into place on the link.

/ BX23 - MMM keeps falling off #4  
Why not temporarily wrap the link/pin with copper wire to hold things in place until you can figure out why the pin is not properly snapping into place on the link.

/ BX23 - MMM keeps falling off #5  
Believe it or not the thing to do is lightly grease the pins. This way they will not "walk " themselves out as the deck vibrates.

paul

/ BX23 - MMM keeps falling off #6  
Believe it or not the thing to do is lightly grease the pins. This way they will not "walk " themselves out as the deck vibrates.

paul

I had thought about that and sprayed the pin with some dry lube. I didn't want to use grease because I thought it would attract a lot of dirt, but I'll give it a try today and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll give the copper wire a try.

I had thought about that and sprayed the pin with some dry lube. I didn't want to use grease because I thought it would attract a lot of dirt, but I'll give it a try today and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll give the copper wire a try.

The grease seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

The grease seems to have done the trick. Thanks.