Tractor
    Kubota BX-23

Default BX23 - MMM keeps falling off

This is the third season for my BX23. No previous problems, but this year the left side pin that holds the mower deck to the lift link keeps working itself out, eventually to the point that the left side of the deck falls off the lift link. Any ideas on why this might be happening? The spring that holds the pin in place seems fine, so I don't think that's the problem. Could I have bent something on the mower/tractor by bumping into something with it? Any suggestions for a quick/temporary fix?

Thanks in advance.

Tractor
    Kubota BX-23

Default BX23 - MMM keeps falling off

This is the third season for my BX23. No previous problems, but this year the left side pin that holds the mower deck to the lift link keeps working itself out, eventually to the point that the left side of the deck falls off the lift link. Any ideas on why this might be happening? The spring that holds the pin in place seems fine, so I don't think that's the problem. Could I have bent something on the mower/tractor by bumping into something with it? Any suggestions for a quick/temporary fix?

Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Default Re: BX23 - MMM keeps falling off

Why not temporarily wrap the link/pin with copper wire to hold things in place until you can figure out why the pin is not properly snapping into place on the link.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Why not temporarily wrap the link/pin with copper wire to hold things in place until you can figure out why the pin is not properly snapping into place on the link.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    BX22

Believe it or not the thing to do is lightly grease the pins. This way they will not "walk " themselves out as the deck vibrates.

paul

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    BX22

Believe it or not the thing to do is lightly grease the pins. This way they will not "walk " themselves out as the deck vibrates.

paul

Tractor
    Kubota BX-23

I had thought about that and sprayed the pin with some dry lube. I didn't want to use grease because I thought it would attract a lot of dirt, but I'll give it a try today and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll give the copper wire a try.

Tractor
    Kubota BX-23

I had thought about that and sprayed the pin with some dry lube. I didn't want to use grease because I thought it would attract a lot of dirt, but I'll give it a try today and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll give the copper wire a try.

Tractor
    Kubota BX-23

The grease seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

Tractor
    Kubota BX-23

The grease seems to have done the trick. Thanks.