Oil & Fuel Another BX Fuel Tank leak

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #11  
Mine had the zirk on the peddal, Heck, I just bought it this summer. Your are correct in your statement that they fixed it at some point. the trouble is , that point was after I bought it.
Now hold on... before everyone hammers me in a wild Kubota defense strike, I love my tractor, but the tanks are junk. I have no faith that it won't leak again. But if it does, I will just make them fix it. Pain in the butt though....

Rogue

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #12  
I can't believe that Kubota wouldn't make this a recall on all tractors equipped with this tank. About 20 years ago I had a gas tank in a car leak and while trying to clean it up we accidently ignited it..BOOOOOOOM!!!! Almost knocked the building down and I spent well over a month in the burn unit. Wouldn't you think they would be worried about the liability??? Most other items you can diddle around with, not leaking gas!!!!

Jeff

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak
Jeff,
Luckily the BX2200 uses diesel fuel and not gasoline. Diesel fuel is not as volatile as gasoline and you would not need to be concerned about igniting like gasoline.

Your right about Kubota should be recalling these faulty tanks. It is obvious the company has made a business decision not to recall and replace the tanks as they fail. I don't believe their is much risk here in this case.

Jon S.

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #14  
Man, I can't believe that didn't occur to me. New to this whole diesel thing you know.

Jeff