Oil & Fuel Another BX Fuel Tank leak

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #1  

JonSpinosa

Silver Member
Last night, I filled my BX2200 with fuel. This morning when I went into the garage there was fuel all over the garage floor. Apparently, the large black main fuel tank near the left rear fender busted a seam. I replaced the small bladder tank last summer. Have any of you guys had the main fuel tank leak?

I took it to a dealer and he stated that he was not aware of any problems with the main tank. The machine has about 80 hours and about 1.5 years old. I think Kubota should warranty this tank but the dealer said he may not be able to warranty it!! Have there been any other of these problems?

Thank....Jon S.

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #2  
I had the same problem. The big tank will have to be replaced. It is probably leaking around the fuel guage fitting. I understand that it is a friction fit and the hole in the tank is slightly too large. It only leaks when the tank is full or near full. The leak will show up under the left rear fender near the hose clamp area. My dealer replaced mine recently under warranty and he stated this is a known problem with Kubota. Hope this helps with your problem.

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #3  
Ditto for me. Had mine replaced in the spring. Warranty covered.

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #4  
Why WOULDN'T it be covered under warranty??? The warranty is for 2 years! Since yours is younger than that, there is no way he could NOT cover it unless he could prove it was abused in some way, and I don't understand how that could happen. I'd be back at your dealer's place...

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #5  
Had the same exact problem. Replaced one tank beginning of the summer and had a leak on the main tank in September. Repair was made by dealer at no cost. Dealer picked up and delivered BX at no cost.

good luck

Dave

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak
Thanks for all your responses.

Today, the dealer acknowledged to me, after talking to the Kubota rep that it is a known problem and Kubota will cover it under warranty. He said there was a hole sizing problem in the fuel tank. I also spoke to him regarding the fuel gauge not accurately reflecting the fuel quantity. He said that they will replace the fuel sending unit.

Also, they will fix the sticking hydo pedal too.

Jon S.

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #7  
My seam leaked too (15 hours)
these tanks are crap.
no apologies, it's a bucket to hold oil and theres NO excuse for the problems we are all having.

Rogue

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #8  
Well, they must have fixed the problem wit the tanks at some point, as I have over a 100 hours on my BX now, and the only problem I've had is the sticking hydro pedal. They fixed that too, apparently, as all the new ones come from the factory with the grease zirc that mine didn't have originally.

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak
I hope you don't have problems with your fuel tank. Mine started leakind at 85 hours. I would say your not out of the woods yet with 100 hrs. However, let's hope for the best!!
Jon S.

/ Another BX Fuel Tank leak #10  
You're right of course, I COULD end up with the problem, but if it does, I know my dealer will take care of it. I expect that anything short of abuse would be covered during warranty, which was my concern with your first post... I'm glad he didn't give you any trouble over it.