L4400 busted rear axle housing

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #1  

seark1968

Tractor
Kubota L4400
I bought a L4400 with FEL about 3 weeks ago,yesterday I was using the FEL to cut down a small mound of dirt to move to a low spot in my yard. I had the bucket down digging in first gear when I heard a loud pop.I got off to investigate to find my right rear axle housing busted exposing a gear and gushing oil.Has anyone else had or heard of this happening before?The tractor only has 14.7 hrs.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing
I bought a L4400 with FEL about 3 weeks ago,yesterday I was using the FEL to cut down a small mound of dirt to move to a low spot in my yard. I had the bucket down digging in first gear when I heard a loud pop.I got off to investigate to find my right rear axle housing busted exposing a gear and gushing oil.Has anyone else had or heard of this happening before?The tractor only has 14.7 hrs.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #3  
Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Sorry to hear about your tractor breaking. This is not a common problem on any tractor. Must have been a defective part that caused housing to break. Sure is a good way to mess up a great holiday weekend. Looks like you will need to call dealer for a warranty repair tomorrow.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #4  
Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Sorry to hear about your tractor breaking. This is not a common problem on any tractor. Must have been a defective part that caused housing to break. Sure is a good way to mess up a great holiday weekend. Looks like you will need to call dealer for a warranty repair tomorrow.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #5  
Rear axles breaking is rare for any brand. I think most of the reports of it I've seen were related to dragging logs or doing some unusual things with box blades.

My suggestion matches Ron's. Call the dealer for warrenty repair. I'd also consider it a fluke. A totally bizarre fluke.

But, it sure would be nice if you were to post a photo and keep us all informed on the progress of the repair.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #6  
Rear axles breaking is rare for any brand. I think most of the reports of it I've seen were related to dragging logs or doing some unusual things with box blades.

My suggestion matches Ron's. Call the dealer for warrenty repair. I'd also consider it a fluke. A totally bizarre fluke.

But, it sure would be nice if you were to post a photo and keep us all informed on the progress of the repair.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #7  
Wow! I would love to see a picture to. I have an L4400 myself and surely hope this isn't a design flaw or serious QC issue. As others have mentioned, probably just a fluke.

If you don't have a picture can you describe exactly where it occurred?

As mentioned, please keep us posted on how this is handled.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #8  
Wow! I would love to see a picture to. I have an L4400 myself and surely hope this isn't a design flaw or serious QC issue. As others have mentioned, probably just a fluke.

If you don't have a picture can you describe exactly where it occurred?

As mentioned, please keep us posted on how this is handled.

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #9  
Bad news, post a pic.
Bob

/ L4400 busted rear axle housing #10  
Bad news, post a pic.
Bob