Default L2900 GST Problem

I recently purchased a mid 90's L2900 GST with 560 hours. The tractor is in pretty good shape overall but I have an issue with the glide shift. Only gears 1-4 work and it appears that I'm stuck in high range. In other words, speeds 1-4 are actually 5-8. Probably a related problem, but I cannot shuttle shift from neutral to forward or reverse without clutching.

Any thoughts or suggestions before I turn this one over to the dealer for repair?

Thanks in advance, Gordon

Default L2900 GST Problem

I recently purchased a mid 90's L2900 GST with 560 hours. The tractor is in pretty good shape overall but I have an issue with the glide shift. Only gears 1-4 work and it appears that I'm stuck in high range. In other words, speeds 1-4 are actually 5-8. Probably a related problem, but I cannot shuttle shift from neutral to forward or reverse without clutching.

Any thoughts or suggestions before I turn this one over to the dealer for repair?

Thanks in advance, Gordon

Tractor
    Kubota L2900

Default Re: L2900 GST Problem

Have you checked the trans fluid level???
    Changed the filter?
    Does it have a loader, or did it have one and it was removed?
    Sounds to me like it is lacking fluid.

Tractor
    Kubota L2900

Have you checked the trans fluid level???
    Changed the filter?
    Does it have a loader, or did it have one and it was removed?
    Sounds to me like it is lacking fluid.

Fluid level is okay. It has a loader and the loader and 3pt seem to work okay. I just changed the filter and fixed a slow leak around the sight glass so I'll top off the fluid and try it again tomorrow. A full fluid changes takes almost 11 gallons of UDT so I'm putting that off until I talk to the dealer.

Thanks for the reply. If the new filter fixes the gst probem I'll let you know.

Fluid level is okay. It has a loader and the loader and 3pt seem to work okay. I just changed the filter and fixed a slow leak around the sight glass so I'll top off the fluid and try it again tomorrow. A full fluid changes takes almost 11 gallons of UDT so I'm putting that off until I talk to the dealer.

Thanks for the reply. If the new filter fixes the gst probem I'll let you know.