Trailering your BX

/ Trailering your BX
I like the idea of going to the 7000# gvw since the incremental cost is not that much. What about width and floor? The 5' width appeals to me since the binders can be put on without crawling on and off the trailer and it simply takes less 'road'. Obviously, the loss of floor space can have adverse consequences for other applications, but I can't think of any off-hand. I am also considering a steel floor. Again, initially more expensive, but no worries about rotting or warping wood. Anybody feeling strongly one way or the other?

/ Trailering your BX
I like the idea of going to the 7000# gvw since the incremental cost is not that much. What about width and floor? The 5' width appeals to me since the binders can be put on without crawling on and off the trailer and it simply takes less 'road'. Obviously, the loss of floor space can have adverse consequences for other applications, but I can't think of any off-hand. I am also considering a steel floor. Again, initially more expensive, but no worries about rotting or warping wood. Anybody feeling strongly one way or the other?

/ Trailering your BX #23  
At the risk of getting scolded, I have trailered my BX23 with loader and backhoe with a heavy duty 10 foot equipment trailer. (Bed Length 120 inches) Longest trip was 550 miles. Tow vehicle: 2001 Ford Excursion 7.5l diesel. I would definitely have needed a longer trailer if I had Brush Hog type implements.

/ Trailering your BX #24  
At the risk of getting scolded, I have trailered my BX23 with loader and backhoe with a heavy duty 10 foot equipment trailer. (Bed Length 120 inches) Longest trip was 550 miles. Tow vehicle: 2001 Ford Excursion 7.5l diesel. I would definitely have needed a longer trailer if I had Brush Hog type implements.

/ Trailering your BX #25  
I have a 14 ft big tex car hauler 7000 lb tandem.My 23 is just over 3000 now and you know it when trailering.What happens if your hauling that weight with a single axle and a tire blows? I use a weight distrubution hitch,and 4 3/8 chains and binders per recommend from state police.If tractor was over 10000 would be mandatory.I do not put my hoe down,i leave them lock pins in and bind it down that way.Electric brakes is a must in my area[hilly].Besides you can use a tandem for hauling a broke down auto,multiple atvs etc etc.

/ Trailering your BX #26  
I have a 14 ft big tex car hauler 7000 lb tandem.My 23 is just over 3000 now and you know it when trailering.What happens if your hauling that weight with a single axle and a tire blows? I use a weight distrubution hitch,and 4 3/8 chains and binders per recommend from state police.If tractor was over 10000 would be mandatory.I do not put my hoe down,i leave them lock pins in and bind it down that way.Electric brakes is a must in my area[hilly].Besides you can use a tandem for hauling a broke down auto,multiple atvs etc etc.

/ Trailering your BX #27  
I don't think you will get scolded. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (but you never know)
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Many of these trailers mentioned are overkill. They are looking to make sure they will never be stuck looking for more room.

/ Trailering your BX #28  
I don't think you will get scolded. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (but you never know)
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Many of these trailers mentioned are overkill. They are looking to make sure they will never be stuck looking for more room.

/ Trailering your BX #29  
FWIW, my B8200 with FEL and L348 48" rotary mower use up every inch of my 16' trailer, and leaves the tail wheel hanging off about a foot. Realize my B8200 is the grandaddy to the B2710; it's a little bigger than a BX, but not a whole lot bigger.

I had towed with a 16' before, so I knew how my tractor would fit beforehand.

I weigh in at less than 3000lbs, so weight is not an issue(at least not with my 7000lb trailer).

That is one thing not mentioned in many of these threads; rent a trailer to see what you think for size ect.