Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny?

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny? #1  

dancer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3130
While shopping for a compact TLB, I've heard dealers of other makes of compact tractors (like Mahindra, Branson) bad-mouth Kubota clutches. Is this a known problem? Does it have anything to do with the reason Kubotas with HST trannys are so popular? I just bought a slightly-used (68 hours) L3130 FST with FEL and BH for $19K. I'd like that to be the last I spend for a while...

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny?
While shopping for a compact TLB, I've heard dealers of other makes of compact tractors (like Mahindra, Branson) bad-mouth Kubota clutches. Is this a known problem? Does it have anything to do with the reason Kubotas with HST trannys are so popular? I just bought a slightly-used (68 hours) L3130 FST with FEL and BH for $19K. I'd like that to be the last I spend for a while...

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny? #3  
Kubota tractors have been in this country for decades. They have had a fantastic reputation for as long. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Keep track of those dealers that can not figure out how to sell their brand, and can only cast doubts about their competition. They will be around later trying to sell something else as they will probably not make it in the tractor business.
Maintain your Kubota and you should have it a long time…. KennyV.
PS… Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny? #4  
Kubota tractors have been in this country for decades. They have had a fantastic reputation for as long. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Keep track of those dealers that can not figure out how to sell their brand, and can only cast doubts about their competition. They will be around later trying to sell something else as they will probably not make it in the tractor business.
Maintain your Kubota and you should have it a long time…. KennyV.
PS… Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny? #5  
Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Do a search here on TBN for "Clutch". You will find very few failures of <font color="orange"> Kubota's </font> or any other manufacture. Most failures will be on older tractors that were left outside. Clutch rusted to pressure plate.
The biggest turnoff I find when shopping for anything is badmouthing the competitors product instead of selling the product on its merits. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny? #6  
Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Do a search here on TBN for "Clutch". You will find very few failures of <font color="orange"> Kubota's </font> or any other manufacture. Most failures will be on older tractors that were left outside. Clutch rusted to pressure plate.
The biggest turnoff I find when shopping for anything is badmouthing the competitors product instead of selling the product on its merits. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny? #7  
Not sure what FST tranny is but I just had a total clutch replacement on my B7100DT. The previous owner of my tractor claims only clutch adjustment was performed on it prior to me owning it. I figure after 20 years and 1380 hours that's pretty good reliability. Turns out the throw bearing went bad but cost $700 for new parts and labor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Oh well, I figure that's the price of ownership.

Mike

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny? #8  
Not sure what FST tranny is but I just had a total clutch replacement on my B7100DT. The previous owner of my tractor claims only clutch adjustment was performed on it prior to me owning it. I figure after 20 years and 1380 hours that's pretty good reliability. Turns out the throw bearing went bad but cost $700 for new parts and labor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Oh well, I figure that's the price of ownership.

Mike

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny? #9  
The only reason that would cause a Kubota clutch to wear out faster than a clutch in another brand of similar size and hp of tractor would be if the clutch diameter were smaller. I don't know how the clutch diameter of the Kubota compares to other brands.

/ Clutch failures a problem with Kubota FST tranny? #10  
The only reason that would cause a Kubota clutch to wear out faster than a clutch in another brand of similar size and hp of tractor would be if the clutch diameter were smaller. I don't know how the clutch diameter of the Kubota compares to other brands.