Changing out the Antifreeze

/ Changing out the Antifreeze #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
My B2710 is now 7 years old and I have never changed out the antifreeze. What is the procedure?

Seems like when you open the drain plug on the radiator only the coolant from the radiator comes out, what is in the engine stays in the engine. How do you change out ALL of the coolant?

Should I use some sort of radiator flush?

What do I do with the used antifreeze?

/ Changing out the Antifreeze
My B2710 is now 7 years old and I have never changed out the antifreeze. What is the procedure?

Seems like when you open the drain plug on the radiator only the coolant from the radiator comes out, what is in the engine stays in the engine. How do you change out ALL of the coolant?

Should I use some sort of radiator flush?

What do I do with the used antifreeze?

/ Changing out the Antifreeze #3  
1. Don't worry about the residual antifreese in the block.
2. Do not use caustic flush.....draining adequate.
3. Dump the antifreese on a field if you have pasture, or in the
woods.

This what I did with my BX....I realise that not recycling the antifreese is "politically incorrect" so if you want ,take it to your local service station.

/ Changing out the Antifreeze #4  
1. Don't worry about the residual antifreese in the block.
2. Do not use caustic flush.....draining adequate.
woods.

This what I did with my BX....I realise that not recycling the antifreese is "politically incorrect" so if you want ,take it to your local service station.

/ Changing out the Antifreeze #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
woods.

)</font>

Antifreeze kills. Be very careful about dumping where any wild life might eat it. I take mine to the local hazardous waste dump in my area. It is free service in my area.

I repeat, Ethylene Glycol is a poison.

/ Changing out the Antifreeze #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
woods.

)</font>

Antifreeze kills. Be very careful about dumping where any wild life might eat it. I take mine to the local hazardous waste dump in my area. It is free service in my area.

I repeat, Ethylene Glycol is a poison.

/ Changing out the Antifreeze #7  
[

I repeat, Ethylene Glycol is a poison. )</font>

I'm aware of that thank you. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Changing out the Antifreeze #8  
[

I repeat, Ethylene Glycol is a poison. )</font>

I'm aware of that thank you. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Changing out the Antifreeze #9  
You should be able to take the used antifreeze back to the same place you purchased the new stuff from. Take it to just about any quick change oil place. They all take it around here.
Flush out your cooling system with water. I buy distilled water from Wal Mart. Then refill with Permanent Antifreeze and distilled water to the mix required for your area. You need to be worried about high heat. I need to worry about freezing. Use a 50/50 mix.
Draining is done with the valve on a hose located near engine oil filter. Be sure to remove radiator cap to get all antifreeze to drain. There is a plug in the block above the oil filter that is for a block heater. It can be removed to aid with draining block. But do not think it should be needed.
I cannot believe you waited 7 years to change antifreeze in you precious little toy. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Changing out the Antifreeze #10  
You should be able to take the used antifreeze back to the same place you purchased the new stuff from. Take it to just about any quick change oil place. They all take it around here.
Flush out your cooling system with water. I buy distilled water from Wal Mart. Then refill with Permanent Antifreeze and distilled water to the mix required for your area. You need to be worried about high heat. I need to worry about freezing. Use a 50/50 mix.
Draining is done with the valve on a hose located near engine oil filter. Be sure to remove radiator cap to get all antifreeze to drain. There is a plug in the block above the oil filter that is for a block heater. It can be removed to aid with draining block. But do not think it should be needed.
I cannot believe you waited 7 years to change antifreeze in you precious little toy. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif