front axle pivot joint; greasing thereof

/ front axle pivot joint; greasing thereof #1  

geish

I performed all the necessary maintenance required on my L3400 today. I did encounter an instance where it made me wonder if I was doing it right.

The manual says to remove the breather plug on the pivot joint and grease until the grease comes out. While pumping grease in the rear grease fitting, after about four to five pumps, it become hard to pump more grease into the fitting. The breather did not overflow with grease as it did when I was greasing the front grease fitting of the axle joint. I was wondering if the breather is also open to the rear grease fitting. It seems like it was not. Did I do something wrong? I hope I did not damage the joint.

Thanks in advance.

/ front axle pivot joint; greasing thereof
I performed all the necessary maintenance required on my L3400 today. I did encounter an instance where it made me wonder if I was doing it right.

The manual says to remove the breather plug on the pivot joint and grease until the grease comes out. While pumping grease in the rear grease fitting, after about four to five pumps, it become hard to pump more grease into the fitting. The breather did not overflow with grease as it did when I was greasing the front grease fitting of the axle joint. I was wondering if the breather is also open to the rear grease fitting. It seems like it was not. Did I do something wrong? I hope I did not damage the joint.

Thanks in advance.

/ front axle pivot joint; greasing thereof #3  
Your experience is identical to mine on a L5030. I just overflow the one and pump until it resists on the other front fittings...just as you did. I believe the overflow is for only one fitting. I doubt you did any damage.