Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Default Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion

I own a B7610 and for the most part I am very happy with it. However, I do not like the quarter inching valve feature. Did anybody convert their B7610 from quarter inching valve to position valve? If so, what did the conversion entail?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 4000; Ford 2000(both 3cyl.);JD40; 2004 Kubota L4300; 2006 Kubota B7610; new 2007 Kubota MX5000

Default Re: Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion

crickets chirping....
    New Kidz: '04 L4300 w/BH-90X, '06 B7610, '07 MX5000 Old Pros: '75 Ford 4000, '54 JD40

Romans 8:28

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 4000; Ford 2000(both 3cyl.);JD40; 2004 Kubota L4300; 2006 Kubota B7610; new 2007 Kubota MX5000

I'm with you on this, J. The Quarter Inching valve is about the only thing about the B7610 that I don't like.

A month or so ago someone on the forum had a new B7800 that had problems and kubota didn't exactly jump right on it, as I recall, and the buyer was subjected to some suffering. As part of a deal to make things right, Kubota offered to convert the B7800's quarter-inching 3pt. control to Position Control. I noticed it when the buyer asked on the forum whether it was wise to go ahead with the PC conversion. From this I concluded that it IS possible to upgrade/replace Q-I with PC.

Another obvious clue is that the B7510DTN narrow vineyard tractor has PC....although I guess it is possible that the DTN has a special transmission casting with oil passages missing from the B7510DT and HSD.

From the lack of response to your post, it's obvious that it's rarely or never done.
    Bob
    New Kidz: '04 L4300 w/BH-90X, '06 B7610, '07 MX5000 Old Pros: '75 Ford 4000, '54 JD40

Romans 8:28

Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Thanks Bob for the answer. I thought I read something a few days ago on one of the discussion forums, however, I can not find the posting anymore.

Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

Why don't you ask that question on kubota's web site. It would be interesting to see their response.
    Kubota L3400-HST, Ford 1910-Gear FEL, John Deere X748SE

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2410

Several of us have asked that question here with no response. I have parts manuals for 7510/7610/2410 and posted on it before on the ďkubota buyingĒ thread. UNFORTUNATELY the search features on the new server and software are giving terrible search results, I canít find anything, I assume "a work in progress." I had saved to my Mozilla bookmarks probably 100 threads I refer to or wanted to go back and read but now on the new server those bookmarks donít work and there is no redirect...FRUSTRATING!

But from what I found the only difference was the valve itself (about a $415 part from tractorsmart.com) and no scale next to the lever (easily fabricated). I was unable to find ANY other difference but no one has said yes this will work or no it wonít.

I ended up finding a B2410 for the same or less $$ than a B7610 so went with that....itís about to be delivered this afternoon YAHOO and Iíll finally know first hand if there is a real difference. The position controls Iíve tried that had no weight on them (NH MF and KUB) have not reacted any differently than the ľ inching valve which has made me wonder if the supposed position control is more theory than reality. Iíll know for sure this afternoon.

I found one of the posts.....
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=78818

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

When you have an implement on it is easy to see the difference.

Tractor
    Kubota B7610

I've posted the question on the kubota website last night. Let's see what happens. If I get a satisfactory answer, I'll post it.