Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion

/ Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion #1  

JHohler

Tractor
Kubota B7610
I own a B7610 and for the most part I am very happy with it. However, I do not like the quarter inching valve feature. Did anybody convert their B7610 from quarter inching valve to position valve? If so, what did the conversion entail?

/ Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion #2  
crickets chirping....

/ Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion #3  
I'm with you on this, J. The Quarter Inching valve is about the only thing about the B7610 that I don't like.

A month or so ago someone on the forum had a new B7800 that had problems and Kubota didn't exactly jump right on it, as I recall, and the buyer was subjected to some suffering. As part of a deal to make things right, Kubota offered to convert the B7800's quarter-inching 3pt. control to Position Control. I noticed it when the buyer asked on the forum whether it was wise to go ahead with the PC conversion. From this I concluded that it IS possible to upgrade/replace Q-I with PC.

Another obvious clue is that the B7510DTN narrow vineyard tractor has PC....although I guess it is possible that the DTN has a special transmission casting with oil passages missing from the B7510DT and HSD.

From the lack of response to your post, it's obvious that it's rarely or never done.
Bob

/ Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion
Thanks Bob for the answer. I thought I read something a few days ago on one of the discussion forums, however, I can not find the posting anymore.

/ Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion #5  
Why don't you ask that question on Kubota's web site. It would be interesting to see their response.

/ Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion #6  
Several of us have asked that question here with no response. I have parts manuals for 7510/7610/2410 and posted on it before on the “Kubota buying” thread. UNFORTUNATELY the search features on the new server and software are giving terrible search results, I can’t find anything, I assume "a work in progress." I had saved to my Mozilla bookmarks probably 100 threads I refer to or wanted to go back and read but now on the new server those bookmarks don’t work and there is no redirect...FRUSTRATING!

But from what I found the only difference was the valve itself (about a $415 part from tractorsmart.com) and no scale next to the lever (easily fabricated). I was unable to find ANY other difference but no one has said yes this will work or no it won’t.

I ended up finding a B2410 for the same or less $$ than a B7610 so went with that....it’s about to be delivered this afternoon YAHOO and I’ll finally know first hand if there is a real difference. The position controls I’ve tried that had no weight on them (NH MF and KUB) have not reacted any differently than the ¼ inching valve which has made me wonder if the supposed position control is more theory than reality. I’ll know for sure this afternoon.

I found one of the posts.....
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78818

/ Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion #7  
When you have an implement on it is easy to see the difference.

/ Quarter Inching valve to Position valve conversion
I've posted the question on the Kubota website last night. Let's see what happens. If I get a satisfactory answer, I'll post it.