Warranty Question!

/ Warranty Question! #1  

GreenLaw

I received my Kubota Grand L3130 with FEL less than two weeks ago. I noticed afew days ago, that I have a hydrolic leak around one of the FEL fittings. My question is this: Is the leak covered by the warranty? or How hard is it to fix it myself? I have never messed around with the hydrolic system. It doesn't look that hard, could I just unscrew the fitting and try placing some tape around the threads? Thanks for your attention. James

/ Warranty Question! #2  
Probably all you need to do is tighten the fittings. My B7800 had a few leaks develop after the first couple of hours. A little bit of oil is all it takes to make a big mess.

/ Warranty Question! #3  
Most don't recommend the tape but mine was assembled with plenty. I wouldn't be too concerned on contaminating the hydraulic fluid but I'd use it sparingly. It do stop leaks. Simply tightening is usually enough though.

/ Warranty Question! #4  
I had the same thing happen. My dealership is quite local so I took the tractor back and the leaks were stopped right then..... no charge. It must be normal at first for to have a few leaks. I would be careful not to over tighten them or twist a line. I have had no more leaks in over 50 hrs.

Good luck!

/ Warranty Question! #5  
The BH on my 3130 had a couple leaky fittings. I tightened them a little and no more leaks. It should be covered by warranty but if you can turn a wrench, it would be alot easier just to much sure the fittings are tight before going to the trouble of taking it in to the dealer or having them make a house call. Dont torque on them too hard, snug and 1/4 turn should do it.

/ Warranty Question!
Thanks everybody for providing me with alittle help. I have to work tomorrow, but I will try to carefully tighten the fitting. I hope that will take care of it. It hasn't leaked abunch, but it really conserns me. Thanks again. James

/ Warranty Question! #7  
If you do remove any hoses or fittings,make sure the pressure is relived by having your bucket on the ground. Noboby wants to take a hydraulic oil bath or be injured by a falling loader. Norton