BX Grass Catcher with Pat's EZ Change

/ BX Grass Catcher with Pat's EZ Change #1  

PaulZ

Tractor
Kubota BX22
Just purchased the BX grass catcher for by BX22 with 60" deck. Anyone out there use the grass catcher with Pat's EZ Change? I haven't attempted to mount the catcher as of yet. Looking for advice. Thanks in advance.

/ BX Grass Catcher with Pat's EZ Change #2  
Probably not. The "top link" on the grass catcher is fixed to the chassis of the catcher and is not adjustable for length. The catcher will probably not line up.

These little buggers can be a pain to install if you don't have a system figured out. My old website is still up and it details my installation procedure which worked pretty well for me.

Here is the link to my old site.

/ BX Grass Catcher with Pat's EZ Change #3  
I am one of those rare birds with the bagger, too. Nice trick with the pieces of wood. I actually use an aluminum floor jack to maneuver the bagger around the garage and to align the top link. After connecting the bottom links, I find the "lift center" of the main segment of the bagger (off to the right, looking at the rear of the tractor, since the sucker-thing is so heavy) and ease the assembly up until properly aligned.

The biggest pain I had with the assembly were the silly key-ring type retainers that hold the link pins in the lift bars. I drilled the holes out ever-so-slightly and replaced them with 3/16" snap-over clevis pins like are on the big pins on the side and top links. That one change has cut my installation time of the bagger by about 1/3.

And I never bother to take the chute off the deck. When the bagger comes off, the deck usually comes off too. That means I gots me some stuff to move!

BTW, I don't think you could rig it up to work with an Easy Change system. The top link is fixed so it doesn't go up and down with your deck.

/ BX Grass Catcher with Pat's EZ Change #4  
quick question for you guys, have you changed the gear box fluids in your bagger? any tips on how to do this? any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you

/ BX Grass Catcher with Pat's EZ Change #5  
AMR said:
quick question for you guys, have you changed the gear box fluids in your bagger? any tips on how to do this? any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you

I could use some pointers on this too. I'm going to service the one I just bought used before mounting it.. Unless it is easy to do once mounted. Heck, I haven't even hardly looked at it yet. It's out in the yard.... I should be out there!!