L4350 MDT 3 point lift arms stuck up

/ L4350 MDT 3 point lift arms stuck up #1  

MaltbyMower

Tractor
Kubota B7100 HST/Kubota L4350MDT/John Deere L130
I just changed the clutch on my L4350. Since I had most of the hydro fluid out, I decided to change the filter and the rest of the oil, man that seems like a mistake now. After putting the tractor back together, the hydraulic system does not seem to function properly. At first, the loader controls are completely dead. I presurized the transmission housing with a light 40 psi blast from my air hose. That seemed to prime the hydro pump and now my loader is very jerky as I raise and lower. Worse yet, my 3 point raise lever is stuck in the up position. Initially, the arms were down and I could lift them up or down. Now that my pump is primed, they are stuck in the highest position. I tried to shoove the lever down, but I only managed to bend the connection rod. (I've fixed that now.) Here is what I've done and next steps. I twisted the 3 point knob that controls down speed completely counter clockwise, nothing. My tractor has a safety override, when a three point implement makes the top link go up, it triggers the lift arms to raise. I disconnected that and make sure it was not forcing the arms up. My next guess is to try and bleed the hydraulic system for the 3 point by removing an allen plug directly above the 3 point downward speed knob (although its very tight and I will probably just break the allen wrench).
Any other idea? Do I just have air in my system? If so, how do I bleed it?

Thanks

/ L4350 MDT 3 point lift arms stuck up #2  
Hey Brandon - I usually find the posts about L3's right away but I missed this one until today. Not that I've got anything brilliant to suggest - its a head scratcher. Some ideas come to mind (don't be offended if you've already thought of it). Is the outside hydraulic plumbing all back where it was before splitting the tractor for the clutch job? With a backhoe does it run off internal hydraulics with "power-beyond"? Maybe try bypassing the loader and rear outlets and let the pump cycle oil for a while to work the air bubbles out? Is the backhoe jerky too? Does this tractor have draft control - linkage ok? Can you pull the hitch arms down with the tractor off ? Does the top link safety have something inside that would need to be blocked out to let the arms (and lever) go down? I'll look for ideas in my shop manual tonight.

/ L4350 MDT 3 point lift arms stuck up #3  
This may sound like a dumb question, but have you pushed down on the arms or had any weight on them?

/ L4350 MDT 3 point lift arms stuck up #4  
Check the position of the hydroSelect (see picture), it should be vertical for loader, horizontal for loader removed. If this got turned it may cause problems… (excuse the dirt I took this picture while mowing very dirty patch)… KennyV.

Attachments

• HydSelect.JPG
    HydSelect.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 268