3 point hitch question

/ 3 point hitch question #1  

hospitaldoc

Tractor
Kubota bx23
I have a kubota bx23.
Ordered a howse landscape rake but I mistakenly ordered the model for the category 0 hitch instead of category 1 hitch.

Will the bx23 accept a category 0 hitch implement?

If not I will need to return the thing I ordered ugh!

/ 3 point hitch question #2  
Contact them quickly. You could possibly stop the order before it leaves. Is the difference in the pins only or is the unit you ordered a lighter duty unit. If you have a cat-1 duty implement with cat-0 pins attached, you only need to add the right pins. But, if you have a lightweight cat-o implement, your tractor may bend it like a pretzel.

/ 3 point hitch question #3  
A typical tractor sporting a cat 0 hitch is not much smaller than the BX series, so I wouldn't worry about the stoutness of the implement. I have tractors of both varieties.
The obvious difference will be the pins. Possibly the pin mounts will be closer together- this would be a good thing!!!

The hassle you may face is if the pin mount holes are drilled for the cat 0 pins and are therefore too small for the cat 1 pins. You should be able to drill them out if this is the case, but the thick steel won't be the easiest thing to drill through. Once done, you would be set for life (of the tractor!!)

/ 3 point hitch question #4  
I have shared implements between my Wheel Horse D-160 and Kubota B7610. I purchased a set of bushings at Tractor Supply for the 3-pt hitch spherical bearings and they also had longer 5/8" pins that I needed.