b2630 shifting smoother with Super UDT

/ b2630 shifting smoother with Super UDT #1  

dougj7

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2630
I just completed my 50 hour service. I spent a little extra on the Super UDT and I'm glad I did. When I shift between H/M/L it isn't finiky like before. I also changed the front axle case oil even though the manual says 300 hrs. The hydraulic oil looked dirty with many particles in the bottom of the drain pan. The engine oil was black. All went smooth except the dealer sold me the wrong engine oil filter. The cost of the filters and fluids was about $150 with the SUDT costing $88 for 5 gal. Probably a bit on the high side.

/ b2630 shifting smoother with Super UDT #2  
I'm a bit surprised it cost you that much. I spent 157$CAN (this includes 15% tax) last year for my 50hr service. This includes: 3 filters (64.54$), 20L of SUDT (5.28gal) (57.75$), 5L of engine oil 15W40 (1.32gal) (14.49$). I'm sorry, here fluid volume is measured in litres. I purchased directly from my Kubota dealer. Up here in Canada, Super UDT is called Premium UDT. It's the same. I thought everything was cheaper south of the border. You don't want to know how much we pay our tractors :mad: . It's much more expensive here. Same thing for cars... go figure: an Acura RL costs around 48k$US; here in Canada it costs 70k$CAN :eek: .

/ b2630 shifting smoother with Super UDT #3  
Glad to hear your tractor is running better after the oil change.
Are Canadian Tractors different than USA tractors? All our Kubota tractors here in the states come from the factory with SUDT.

/ b2630 shifting smoother with Super UDT #4  
Are Canadian Tractors different than USA tractors? All our Kubota tractors here in the states come from the factory with SUDT.
No, our Kubota tractors come with SUDT too. The difference is: our SUDT oil is made by Petro-Canada. This has been discussed in other threads. I don't pretend to know much on that subject but other TBNers explained the situation in details. I read that... last year I think. I don't remember the name of the thread.