I still need help on my 4690 Hook Up

/ I still need help on my 4690 Hook Up #1  

Phazer

Tractor
Well,
Yesterday, I mentioned that I could not install the top link pin w/o unhooking the 3 point hitch's top arms. Otherwise the hitch arms blocks the pin. I called Kubota and they told me to use Type 1 Tractor hookup from the 4690 manual. My dealer installed it as type 2. Since the 4690 manual is old, it does not list any of the new B-series tractors. Well I did all the work to switch it to type 1, and it would not work at all. The bottom hitch pins will not go into the center hole, and also the top link top hole would never line up, even with the hoe completely lowered. So I got out the big crescent wrench and put it back an type 2, and now have my original problem again. If any of you has a 2710 or a 2910 with a 4690, I'd appreciate you letting me know how yours is attached. A detailed picture of my backhoe attachment is attached.
Thanks
JimF

/ I still need help on my 4690 Hook Up #2  
Jim,
My 2710 is setup the same as yours (and had the same issue). Try lowering the backhoe down to the lower set of holes in the top link. The two large bolts (one holds the two side braces, the two side bars and the top link, and the other just the two side bars and the top link) should be relocated in the lower set of holes. This lowers the hoe and allows the 3point arms to drop just enough to allow the top link pin to be removed. I also checked the manual for the hoe and did not find any reference to the spacer in any location with the exception of during hoe setup. My thought was that the spacer was used for alignment centering during assembly and was not used during actual use of the hoe. My tractor/hoe was not provided with this spacer.

Your 3point arms have an extra bracket at the implement end. I'm not sure what they are for?

Do you have a photo of the foldable ROPS? I will be getting one for my 2710 as it does NOT fit into the garage with the hoe ROPS.

Thanks, Pete

/ I still need help on my 4690 Hook Up #3  
The spacer is necessary during normal operation. Without the spacer there is about 1/4" of slop between the top pin and the mount. This makes all of the weight rest on the bottom pin. Also, when you apply upward pressure (with the stabilizers) you tend to bend the pin. Even with the spacer in the top pin fits fairly loosely. Even though the manual doesn't mention it after setup the parts exploded view shows it in place.
Dave

/ I still need help on my 4690 Hook Up
I have not gotten the foldable ROPS yet. My dealer is ordering it to replace the wrong one he left on.

/ I still need help on my 4690 Hook Up
>> Your 3point arms have an extra bracket at the implement end. I'm not sure what they are for?

The end of my 3 point arms are telescopic, A super feature that makes it easier to hook up implements, but because of the bracket size, the 4690 can only hook up using the top (front) of the three holes. Is your's in the top or center hole on the 3 point hitch arms.

/ I still need help on my 4690 Hook Up #6  
Jim,
Mine (2710) is in the first/top set of holes. I have not taken the photo of the hook up yet but it is the same as yours with the aformentioned differences (top link in lower set of holes).

Pete

/ I still need help on my 4690 Hook Up #7  
Jim,
I took some photos of the 4690 attachment and a stand my 10yr old son and I made last weekend (His first welding job). The top link is shown using the lower set of holes, else the same as yours.

The stands are used in the lowest set of mounting holes and allow the hoe to remain near the attachment height. NOTE that the hoe is NOT stable if kept on ANY stand if the bucket and dipper are fully retracted. I found that the hoe could be lifted by the bucket by hand and it would be possible to go over center. As a result, I extend the dipper about 2 feet prior to detaching the hoe. The system is stable with this configuration. The manual is silent on this issue.

B2710/LA401/4690

/ I still need help on my 4690 Hook Up #8  
The attachment only allowed a single file. The stand is shown in the prior post. Attached to this is the attachment (redundant) of the 4690 to the 2710.

B2710/LA401/4690