B2410 All Turf Special

/ B2410 All Turf Special #1  

orangebluegreen

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2410
Some here have speculated if the Turf Special suspended deck would be a direct bolt on to B7610/B2410.

I just added the RCK60B-75B Turf Special deck to my B2410 and as I suspected it is indeed a direct bolt on without modification.

Linkages are all exactly the same as the RCK60-24B and the 3-point deck height adjuster bolts right up no problem.

I now have a B2410 All-Turf-Special. If anyone would like to trade like new turf tires for like new R4’s, I could then call it a B2410 Turf Special.

Attachments

• B2410_allturfspecial_12a.jpg
    B2410_allturfspecial_12a.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 382
   / B2410 All Turf Special
pic-2

Attachments

• B2410_allturfspecial_33b.jpg
    B2410_allturfspecial_33b.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 569
   / B2410 All Turf Special
pic-3

Attachments

• B2410_allturfspecial_27a.jpg
    B2410_allturfspecial_27a.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 316
   / B2410 All Turf Special #4  
That's pretty cool. Where did you get the deck? Did you order it from Kubota?

/ B2410 All Turf Special #5  
The best of both worlds! Ground clearance plus a fully floating MMM!

Glad you posted this.

Now you'll have to post on it's performance with pics :D

Volfandt

/ B2410 All Turf Special
8561 said:
That's pretty cool. Where did you get the deck? Did you order it from Kubota?

A nearby dealer had it. I knew of a couple dealers who had this deck available but started calling local dealers. One didn’t even realize he had one sitting out back growing old (it was new in a crate with all linkage) he called back a few minutes later and said “guess what.” I’ve heard conflicting stories of availability on the RCK60B-75B. One dealer I visited a year ago in the Carolinas had a stack of these decks, yet I’ve heard from others it ONLY comes with the B7510 Turf Special. One Kubota rep said they only come with the Turf Special and another gave me a suggested retail price and said they “may be” able to order it. I’ve seen plenty of dealers (including Messick) say they only come with the Turf Special. In any case....there are plenty of dealers out there who have these decks available to sell. If they came with the Turf Special then they must have sold the tractor without the deck.

/ B2410 All Turf Special
Volfandt said:
Now you'll have to post on it's performance with pics :D

Volfandt

It works GREAT! No more going back over the piles of grass left behind (guess you all call them windrows which is a new term to me) it cuts so well the first time one pass and you’re done, and it has not scalped at all. I knew ground contact wasn’t for me because I have over 110 plants with an extensive drip irrigation system I trim up close to and drive over the black poly pipe....the ground contact deck would tear out my irrigation unless I buried it. Sure you could lift the weight off the wheels with the 3-point, but this system is a repeatable alternative. It gets so close I may sell the LandPride 60” rear finish mower and I now have less string trimming to do..

I thought with a taller tractor than my Craftsman I would have a hard time getting close to my trees....nope I can get closer than before because the deck is more forward in position and sticks out further from the wheels and I don’t have to bend forward to shift a manual trans while pressed up against a low branch, just hit the hydro pedal while leaning back, far more maneuverable than the smaller Craftsman. That was before I added the canopy top, now I’m back to about equal in trimming ability. the top may prove a mistake for getting close, time will tell, might have to make it quick disconnect. Right rear tire is very close with the anti scalp wheel in transport height, but moving the tires in would take care of that, it has plenty of clearance in mowing height....this is the same as the Turf Special also.

Last edited:
   / B2410 All Turf Special #8  
The RCK54-75B and RCK60-75B are great cutting decks.
I have no idea why Kubota is not pushing these decks over the RCK54-24B and RCK60-24B decks. I have the RCK54-75B on my B7500 and I would not get rid of it for any other deck.

I have a question. Are you using the position control on the B2410 to adjust the deck height or the adjustment control that came with the mower deck?

/ B2410 All Turf Special
hwew said:
I have a question. Are you using the position control on the B2410 to adjust the deck height or the adjustment control that came with the mower deck?

I’ve only had it a week and still experimenting, but right now I use the height adjuster pin on the 3-point for low cutting and raise the position control to clear my irrigation or roots. I need to adjust the linkage to cut a bit lower, but one could take the height pin out completely and use the position control if they wanted ground scalping height. I just need about a half inch lower cut in some areas and I assume lengthening the front adjusting rods will give me that. If not I’ll make my own adjusting pin for the 3-point to allow more drop of the 3-point, very simple arrangement. I have Bermuda grass in the yard that likes being cut "golf course green" low, the Bahia outside the formal yard area gets cut much higher. The deck is a bit finicky to level, but I’m used to that on my Craftsman, the trick is finding a level spot to measure.