Tire valve stem gone!

/ Tire valve stem gone! #11  
Out in the fourwheeling world valve stems fly away pretty easy when a rock or branch catches them right (wrong). Same will happen to the tractor when out in the brush/rocks. I usually carry a spare or two in the jeep. The steel ones break real easy while the rubber ones have some spring and will usually hold up better. A piece of steel welded to the wheel to protect the stem is a good idea unless you are in alot tough stuff where a rock/branch could bend the steel into the stem or break/pull off the wheel leaving a bent wheel with a hole in it. The pipe idea is the best but it should be pretty short so it won't bend and welded all around so it stays there. But really the rubber stems are cheap and easy to replace (you don't have to dismount the tire). As for the bubble it's hard to say whether it was a bad tire or got cut internally running flat. Good luck on the tire warranty.

/ Tire valve stem gone! #12  
Berniep said:
WOW, do you ever take it off the road:D:D
I have slime in all four tires and I only have 95 hours on mine.

I guess the tractor gods smile on me in that reguard. I sometimes use the Fel as a "brush hog", clearing and maintaining trails on the property. I've been thru some nasty stuff and never had any issue until recently with the tires.
I've buried the tractor in muck up to the frame and had to pull it out a half a dozen times or so. Thats after spinning the tires and exhausting all means of escape. I have the Ag tires on my Bx maybe thats helping.
I've been looking at the undercarraige protector that protects the hydro filter and fan but have been lucky there too. I've "mulched" more than a few saplings while out clearing and the fan is holding up good.
My wife on the other hand has had 5 flats in the past 2 years on her vehicle . The guy at the tire shop told her last time "that will be $12.23, but you already now that".
I'm thinking of installing a magnet to her front bumper to pick up all the scrap iron she manages to find. I figure I can retire in 5 years or so off the scrap.

/ Tire valve stem gone! #13  
copperhead1967 said:
I've been looking at the undercarraige protector that protects the hydro filter and fan but have been lucky there too.

I know the way my luck runs so I started making a skid plate for mine the first day I got it. It took a couple of days to figure out and in that time I managed to wind tall grass up on the power shaft a couple of times.

/ Tire valve stem gone! #14  
<My wife on the other hand has had 5 flats in the past 2 years on her vehicle . The guy at the tire shop told her last time "that will be $12.23, but you already now that".>

My wife has the same trouble but it ends up being a new $200 tire each time (four so far). I think you are supposed to stop driving around when ya get a flat.