Oil & Fuel Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510?

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510? #1  

hz293

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510HSD
I just got my B7510HST and love it already. Just the right size to get around some tight places I have.

My question has to do with carrying it around in the bed of a 3/4 ton Ford F250 diesel. Based upon gentle prodding from my wife, I promised that besides the FEL and brusher that there'd be no more spending for awhile. My 5x8 trailer won't handle the weight but I'm checking to see if anybody carries their tractor in the 8 foot bed of their truck. If so, what kind of ramps do you use? Any coments?

hz293

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510? #2  
i too have a new b7510hst w/fel and a diesel 3/4 ton truck.

imo- that is too much weight too high. be careful. i would not even consider transporting mine that way. not to mention it is way over the rated load capacity for the bed.

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510? #3  
DVR said:
i too have a new b7510hst w/fel and a diesel 3/4 ton truck.

imo- that is too much weight too high. be careful. i would not even consider transporting mine that way. not to mention it is way over the rated load capacity for the bed.
Just to make sure I have this right, the 3/4 ton IS the rated capacity of the bed isn't it. I've just always assumed it was and never thought of looking for a bed capacity.

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510? #4  
I sure would not do that, it is a LOT of weight way about the C.O.G. of the truck. I am guessing it will get you pulled over in a hurry. PLus I highly doubt the tailgate can take the weight of loading the ******* and that could be a fatal flaw. Be careful!

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510? #5  
I don't think I would ever attempt that... but I can't imagine that it would fit anyway? The 7510 with a FEL that is curled up and down to the ground and an attachment on the rear would have to be 14' or so? You're gonna have to get a trailer to fit your needs.

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510? #6  
That is a recipe for disaster!!! The truck can probably handle the weight. However, the center of gravity and the handling of the truck will drastically be affected. Not to mention during loading the tailgate straps will most likely break. Don't do it, rent a trailer or borrow one. Remember, things can get very ugly real quick when you have to make a panic stop. Take it from me I am a fatal accident investigator and that set up is not gonna work during an emergency situation. Hope this helps

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510?
Thanks so much for the input. That's why I'm happy to be on this forum. I just joined. So far lots of answers on several subjects that have kept me out of trouble.

Hz293

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510? #8  
Two HUGE problems jump out here. The center of gravity is way way too high. If you went around a properly designed cloverleaf intersection, we might find you down in the borrow pit pond in the center.

The second is the tailgate. I would be willing to expect major damage to the tailgate. The inner skin is thin and there is very little support inside the tailgate itself for weights like that. FYI, V shaped tailgates do not close properly.

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510? #9  
If you don't have any kids, you could wind up a candidate for a Darwin award!

/ Using 3/4ton diesel to carry B7510? #10  
I have an '03 Dodge 2500 and the bed will carry 3,200 pounds with a 120 pound driver. 2,500 pounds of hay is easy. Buuuuuuuut (the big but). Like in the other posts the center of gravity is high. Then you would have to remove the tail gate to load it. Tail gates are don't support very much. I bet yours is 500 pound at the most. Hey just remove all the implements and the wheels to lower it.

Find a friend. I got my B7610 last week and suddenly have have lots of best friends. Only the real best friend have big enough trailers.:D :D ;)