B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp.

/ B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp. #41  
Anybody know where you can buy Chevron Synthetic All Weather THF in Arkansas?

/ B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp. #43  
Finally, this year I switched to AMSOIL Syn HF. Initially and until recently, I still had the power steering problem even after I switched. But the last two times I've mowed the power steering worked perfectly even after 3 hours of hard mowing in 95 degree weather. I don't think its attributable to the Amsoil because all summer I had power steering problems with the Amsoil in.

I have another theory I'm hoping you experts can weigh in on. My B2400 has a slow hydraulic leak. I've been checking the HF but not adding any. What if the dipstick is wrong and I've always had too much HF in my tractor. I'm not a mechanic but all my repair manuals for cars indicated that too much transmission fluid could cause foaming. Is this a possibility? Could this be the source of my problems? What do you think? Thanks Tom

/ B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp. #44  
Just found this thread....I have posted before...with only smooth as silk operation feedback.
my B7510 does the same thing! have not really noticed it on the three point, not looking either. But the steering is really jurky sometimes when it hot and changes with engine rpm's. It's been back to the dealer three times...they replaced all kinds of parts (steering box/pump? main pump and changes some sort of setting because driving it home free wheel down a hill it acted different) was good for a few weeks to a month....then it's back! started at 75 Hours, now have 125 hours on tractor. Kubota rep has been involved...know one has an awnser. The last fix was December 2009 (end of my warrenty). I'm gald I'm not the only one with this issue. I hope someone can find a fix because the jurky, pulsating steering wheel when hot on this B7510 is re-dick-uless. Kubota factory guys, are you hearing want your customers are saying?

/ B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp. #45  
I found the solution on another forum...IT WORKS!!

Some of these tractors have the power steering drain back line that goes out of the power steering box and directly down and tees into the main line a few inches from the hydraulic pump inlet. The hydraulic pump is sucking the fluid out of the steering box and may also be causing foaming according to a tech I talked to at Kubota. They know what the problem is but apparently haven't been real forthcoming on telling everyone. See the picture below from the parts manual kit they sell as an "option". I guess it's an option if you want your power steering to work more than an hour. I'm not too happy they refused to send me the kit for free considering it is a design flaw. They had sent it free to the poster on another forum where I found this fix. Doesn't give one a good feeling about recommending Kubota to others after we have suffered with this problem they knew about and haven't recalled or helped out with. I've been extremely unhappy with my B2410 because of the power steering loss. Power steering is a major factor of why I bought a CUT for mowing vs. another Craftsman. To have it not work properly was a huge disappointment. Such a simple fix and no one is speaking up.

I made my own with parts from TSC. A 4-foot 3/8 hydraulic line cut off on one end to slide onto the steering box outlet and clamped. A 90 degree 3/8 fitting and 3/8 extension to get over the plate (see pic). Had to buy a tap for making the threads also.

Originally I did not extend the 90 and ran the hose in front of the dipstick, had to grind a little on the bracket. I didn't like that setup and put the extension in and routed it like the kit does. Much cleaner appearance and no more interference with the plastic front cover. If I had to do over I might just use automotive transmission line similar to the OEM line as it would be smaller outside diameter and would be easier to thread through between the hydro pedal and other lines. The 3/8 hydraulic line I used is nice and rugged and I'll not have to worry about it wearing, but it was tricky to get in place. You must be very careful to secure the line so it will not rub on the hydro pedal and cause it to stick, obviously a stuck hydro pedal could be very dangerous so if you make a line like this keep that in mind over all other considerations.

After making this mod in August and using it very hard in tall grass I have only had slight loss of power steering after 2-3 hours of extreme use and no loss of power steering in normal mowing use (which is still above average hard use). I am going to do a filter change and switch to UDT instead of SUDT this week. For all practical purposes this is a fix, any hint of steering loss is under abnormally hard use and the loss is maybe 10-20% vs. previous 100%.

The third pic is where the original line from the steering box to the pump inlet is cut, plugged, and secured with the original hose clamps. The new power steering line that now runs from the steering box outlet to under the seat as in pic 2 can be seen (the one that says MAX) just behind the hose clamps. The 90 degree fitting has about 1/4 inch clearance between itself and the hydraulic bleed adjuster, the pic is deceptive and makes it look like it's touching.

Attachments

• B2410_powersteeringhosekit.jpg
    B2410_powersteeringhosekit.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,010
  • kubota_power_steering_line 001b.jpg
    kubota_power_steering_line 001b.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 1,059
  • kubota_power_steering_line 019a.jpg
    kubota_power_steering_line 019a.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,353
Last edited:
   / B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp. #46  
OBG....you are the man!!!!!:thumbsup:

This problem (foaming oil/lack of pressure) is exactly what I told the kubota dealer I thought the problem was, or it felt like. kubota corp guy and the dealer changed many parts (pump, steering box, plus many shop hours) still not fixed. I don't think they had any idea what was going on!:confused2:

I think the problem only happen, or visiable from a troubleshooting side, is when owners/tech's works the tractor hard...WOT mowing taller grass at higher ambient temperatures and durations of 1 plus hours and maybe makes allot of 180 turns in a short time frame (less then one minute?). loader work, landscaper raking and other non heavy loading, even at WOT...steering jurking or lost of power steering is not a problem.

Thanks again to all that have definded the issue, and have created self fixes.:D

I'll be talking to my kubota dealer soon about what I have learned. will keep everyone post on my results.

/ B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp. #47  
I found the solution on another forum...IT WORKS!!

So, what is the fix? You described some fitting/hose work, but what does it do? Move the tee? Lengthen the hose? What's the fix and what is the big difference between that and OEM?

JayC

/ B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp. #48  
So, what is the fix? You described some fitting/hose work, but what does it do? Move the tee? Lengthen the hose? What's the fix and what is the big difference between that and OEM?

JayC
The fix only works on tractors where the power steering drain back line IS NOT run as in the pics Ive included. I believe newer machines already have the line run like this. My machine and some others originally had the power steering drain back line run directly from the steering box and straight down into a tee in the main line just before the hydraulic pump inlet. See my third pic above, that line with hose clamps is cut and plugged, it originally ran up to the steering box. The line behind it in pic 3 is a new line that now runs back and drains into the trans under the seat as in pic 2. Its hard to save these pics from the parts manual, but the original way mine was run did not include the line that runs back to the hydro. I had to remove that bracket under the seat and tap threads for the fitting you see in pic 2 above.

The following pic is the kit fix from Kubota and is not the way mine was run originally. Check out the arrow I added to point out where the line is cut and plugged like my pic 3. Originally that line ran straight up to the steering box and apparently allowed the pump to pull fluid out of the box. Sounds bizarre I know but it didn't work and the newer machines are no longer like this.

Btw...anyone who has the line already running to the hydro off the power steering box and NOT straight down into a tee right in front of the hydraulic pump already have this mod and this will not be their problem.

Attachments

• B2410_powersteeringhosekit2.jpg
    B2410_powersteeringhosekit2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 2,626
   / B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp. #49  
The following pic is the kit fix from Kubota and is not the way mine was run originally. Check out the arrow I added to point out where the line is cut and plugged like my pic 3. Originally that line ran straight up to the steering box and apparently allowed the pump to pull fluid out of the box. Sounds bizarre I know but it didn't work and the newer machines are no longer like this.
Any chance you have a PN for this kit? We have a B7500 that does this and I would like to get it fixed.

Thanks

Aaron Z

/ B7500 HST power steering and and 3 point lift problems in high temp. #50  
Any chance you have a PN for this kit? We have a B7500 that does this and I would like to get it fixed.

Thanks

Aaron Z

It's part number 6C150-99600 for my B2410, I assume yours would be the same number. You can make your own also if you're cheap like me. I think it's about $150. from online dealers, I forget now but think I spent under $50 to build my own.

I posted the parts in the following link and how I built my own (I am ID Orange_B2410).

B2410 Jerky steering - Page 2 - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

You can find parts manuals here. You'll find the parts in the B2410 manual, probably the B2710 also, not sure if it's in the B7500, but having the parts books allows you to compare the machines and see if your routing is like the ones that are affected. You'll find it under Power Steering Hose Kit Option.
http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoInde...s/&AutoIndex=646bcbff69dfeed0c88021d6405e9e57

Last edited: