Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

Default Re: Tilling using box blade rippers

Quote Originally Posted by RonR View Post
    I have had some success in pulling dirt from one place to another. I am real nervous that backing with it might bend the 3PH arms.
    There are numerous posts on T-B-N from others cautioning against over-stressing lower link arms in reverse. After all, lower links are designed to pull, not push. I have replaced kubota CHECK CHAINS/TURNBUCKLES with rigid stabilizers from Stabilworks, which reinforce the lower links in reverse as well simplifying mounting of implements to the 3-Pt. hitch.

I am still cautious, but I now regularly push LOOSE dirt with the box blade. See photo. LOOSE DIRT!

LINK:

Kubota tractor stabilizers Kubota www.stabilworks.com - YouTube

Kubota B3300SU / 33-hp / 1,900 pounds / 4-WD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0463-jpg   -img_0478-jpg  
    Last edited by jeff9366; 02-25-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Veteran Member
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

If you need more penetration do not hesitate to remove one or two rippers, concentrating implement weight on reduced number of rippers. On my 'Bush Hog' Rollover Box Blade rippers drop off after removing one 3/4" nut/bolt/washer per ripper.

In photo I was ripping very tough Bahia pasture grass prior to raking Bahia, then seeding and rolling wildflowers.

Three rippers in use, two removed. Box blade weight = 630 pounds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0541-jpg  
    Last edited by jeff9366; 02-24-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Veteran Member workinallthetime's Avatar
    Tractor
    b3030 TLB,zd326

-tried the box blade method last year, way way to much seat time. found a used disc for 350, paid 320, added some weight to it and the garden looks great.
    -my lower link arms are are fine but whatever you call those adjustment arms are bent to heck, from pushing the box blade. Mine adjust with pin holes not tunbuckels
    -crazy old thread i was thread, i was excited "home brew" was back, that cat seemed to be the "grand po ba" on little bota's and fabing up implements for them. To bad he was banned for speaking out
    equipment = L45 tlb, zd326p
    attachements = disk, pallet forks, box blade, 4n1, thumb, ld material bucket
    past equipment = b???? old slow no p/s, bx23 tlb, b3030 tlb, mf 175, jd301a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12