Trans Case

/ Trans Case #1  

aschk

Tractor
Kubota B1750
I read this phrase in another thread:
"L175's have a reputation for breaking the cast around the 3PT hitch when you use blades or other rear mounted implements."

Now, my little B1750 has only 560 hrs., but some of those hours have evidently been rough ones. When I got it, the right 3pt arm was missing the mmm lifter, spacer, and the turnbuckle adjuster (this had been replaced with an old chain!). The center rod that the arms mount on is also bent.
Sounds like some pretty hard hits to me.
The big concern is that the cast-in boss on the trans housing that the rod passes through is broken. the rod is supported through steel plates, and at 18lbs (dealer looked up part),I am thinking that the trans case itself may be aluminum.
I don't want to rebuild the butt end just for the case,and it seems to work ok, but I'de like opinions if you have any.

Thanks,
Andy

/ Trans Case #2  
Andy

I too was interested in Ric's comments, as I have an L185 and have a rear blade on order.

They look pretty damn tough to me but I'd like some info too.

Come on Ric?? - Fill us in !!!

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue> /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Trans Case #3  
I have not experienced this problem personally but I sure have seen what can happen. Looking for parts this past summer for my 175 I noticed a 175 with the rear end torn down setting in the back lot of a dealer I frequent for new parts. The mechanic who worked on it stated the rear boss on the 3pt hitch had broken and they were waiting on the owner to decide what he wanted to do ($$$). You could see where the case had been cracked then let go. The service manager stated they used see alot of these with this problem when there were more of these around, probably caused by too large a piece of equipment. This unit had a loader on it and was carrying a small counter weight when it "fell off". The guy I bought my 175 from told me just about the same thing (he bought it new)"you can should be able to use implements sized for the tractor without any problems and don't bounce them when you carrying them or you could have problems with the pump and the case breaking". The problem seems to be finding the smaller implements because everything now is made for larger units which was not the case back in the 70's when these things were born. Two salvage yards told me the same thing about being careful with too large a piece of equipment on these smaller units, the 175, 185, etc because they were made for smaller lighter implements and implements made today are larger and heavier which makes it easy to get the wrong (too big, too heavy) implement attached to the tractor which might make it look like there's a problem with the tractor when there's probably not. Either way if the case breaks it won't matter why or how it broke just the cost. I compared my 175 and 245 and there is a difference, something to keep in mind. Hope this helps, ric