Kubota B7510 Transmission fluid level

/ Kubota B7510 Transmission fluid level #1  

Clymer

Hello all - I am a new owner of a B7510. I had a local guy over to do the 50 hr service and I noticed the Super UDT fluid level as indicated by the yellow dipstick seems to be way over the high level (although it is difficult to see very well). The interesting thing is that the spec chart in the manual calls for 4.04 gal., and from a 5 gal. container there seems to be at least two gallons left. My questions is this - should I leak some UDT back out of the system to have the level fall within the low - high mark on the dipstick, or will it be OK (I remember the tech helping me said that a little makes a big difference on the dip stick). I just want to make sure that the fluid won't heat up, expand and crack a seal somewhere in the transmission. Thanks - please feel free to e-mail me with any advice.

/ Kubota B7510 Transmission fluid level #2  
Sounds to me like someone didnt drain all the old fluid out??

Have you started it up..and operated all the hyd's on it? If it has an FEL for example..you have to cycle it several times to get the fluid pumped throughout the system.

/ Kubota B7510 Transmission fluid level #3  
Clymer said:
I noticed the Super UDT fluid level as indicated by the yellow dipstick seems to be way over the high level (although it is difficult to see very well).

Try this - when you pull the dipstick lay it across your finger or hand to see how far up it is really wet. Makes it alot easier to tell the fluid level.

/ Kubota B7510 Transmission fluid level #4  
I would like to add somthing here on what I found on checking HST fluid level on my B7500.

Always pull the dipstick out once and clean it first then put it back in and then pull it out and check it again.

I found that at times it seems like there could be an air lock in the dip stick tube and you won't see any HST fluid on the dipstick at all the first time it is pulled out.

/ Kubota B7510 Transmission fluid level #5  
My 7510 has 6 hours on it. I have to check it a number of times (cold) to register a reading. It is difficult to see. It was delivered a little on the low side. I'll check it after use next time to see how it is.

/ Kubota B7510 Transmission fluid level #6  
hwew said:
I would like to add somthing here on what I found on checking HST fluid level on my B7500.

Always pull the dipstick out once and clean it first then put it back in and then pull it out and check it again.

I found that at times it seems like there could be an air lock in the dip stick tube and you won't see any HST fluid on the dipstick at all the first time it is pulled out.

Had the same experience with my B7800. When checking the HST level on a cold tractor, nothing shows on the dipstick. But put the dipstick back in, then pull it out and check it again, and there was the fluid level on the stick. The local dealer's mechanics couldn't explain why that was happening...but it caused me to overfill the case early on, before I figured out what was happening.