L3130 3 Point hitch won't lower unless weighted

/ L3130 3 Point hitch won't lower unless weighted #11  
U-B said:
Well, the service manager at my local Kubota dealership says that this is normal! :

Hmmm let me think, let me think.....Cough cough {Bull Snit!!} cough

I'd get a second opinion at a dealer with a clue.

jb

/ L3130 3 Point hitch won't lower unless weighted #12  
I call bull-snit, also. The dealer might have mentioned the rate-of-drop valve, but to say that this is normal...is not normal.

/ L3130 3 Point hitch won't lower unless weighted #13  
JerryG said:
It is quite normal for a new tractor. As you break it in and things start getting worn, then they have a higher chance of going down by their self. I have seen tractors with several hundred hours where they still needed to be pushed down but that doesn't happen very often.

Mine doesnt do that and never did. So is it normal to stick or is it normal not sticking?

U-B said:
The 3 point hitch will not lower unless there is substantial weight on it

I suggest you take it back to the dealer and tell him to work on it...

/ L3130 3 Point hitch won't lower unless weighted #14  
The 3PH should lower with nothing on it. Mine always has. Not to say a new one couldn't be mechanically tight at some point as was noted. I just wouldn't think that the norm.

/ L3130 3 Point hitch won't lower unless weighted #15  
It's not normal. If it was the MMM would never go down (there's no way to add weight to it).

/ L3130 3 Point hitch won't lower unless weighted #16  
Mine lowers with no weight on it. Take it back to the dealer. It is not designed to operate that way.

/ L3130 3 Point hitch won't lower unless weighted #17  
I only have 20 hrs. on mine no problems there.I did have a problem with getting the pto to disengage.