Cab Height for 5030 ?

/ Cab Height for 5030 ? #1  

rbargeron

Elite Member
Tractor
L5450, L48, L3250, L345
I wonder if someone could tell me the measured height to the top of the cab for a 5030 on R4 rubber. Thanks

/ Cab Height for 5030 ? #2  
I'm not where my tractor is right now, but it just does make it through the small 8' door in the rear of my barn. So, based on that, I'd guess that it is just under 8' tall with R4's.

/ Cab Height for 5030 ?
Still hoping for an actual measurement to the high point if possible. Thanks

/ Cab Height for 5030 ? #4  
I'll measure for you tomorrow morning. It definitely won't go in my garage with a 7 ft opening. The manual from Kubota lists the height as 89.4 inches. It does not specify with which tires the measurement was taken.
Terry

/ Cab Height for 5030 ? #5  
I measured right at 90 inches. I did not move the tractor onto a concrete or other type solid, even surface. It was parked on solid ground however, and I wouldn't think there would be much difference. I would think Kubota would want to advertise the least height measurement and the ag tractors would likely be taller.
Hope this helps!
Terry
ps I don't have a radio antenna on mine. I would think it would be flexible enough to not matter much in terms of clearance, but it is probably taller than the tractor.

/ Cab Height for 5030 ? #6  
I know for a fact that the L4330 with ROPS up and no cab is taller than the L5030 with cab. Both with R4's. My L4330 ROPS used to rub the rubber gasket of my 8' roll up door when going into the metal building. The L5030 HSTC is about 1-2 inches shorter than the L4330 with ROPS up.

Joe

/ Cab Height for 5030 ? #7  
JoeR said:
I know for a fact that the L4330 with ROPS up and no cab is taller than the L5030 with cab. Both with R4's. My L4330 ROPS used to rub the rubber gasket of my 8' roll up door when going into the metal building. The L5030 HSTC is about 1-2 inches shorter than the L4330 with ROPS up.

Joe

5030 HSTC 89.4" 4330 fold ROPS 91.1" according to Kubota
Wish I had a door that mine would go through!! That would mean I would have a place to get it inside! I'm stuck with outside parking for now - trying to decide if I want spend money on a canopy type storage building or wait until I can afford a barn type structure.
Terry

/ Cab Height for 5030 ?
Thanks Terry - a friend is designing a barn and we got talking about cab height and door clearance - he says 7'-6" is the max. Sounds like 92" might give more options - he doesn't have the tractor yet - I was telling him about the helpful people at TBN - you proved the point !

/ Cab Height for 5030 ? #9  
rbargeron said:
Thanks Terry - a friend is designing a barn and we got talking about cab height and door clearance - he says 7'-6" is the max. Sounds like 92" might give more options - he doesn't have the tractor yet - I was telling him about the helpful people at TBN - you proved the point !

Very much my pleasure! :D

Terry