2630 Seat

/ 2630 Seat #1  

sarti

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 BX2670
Does anyone have a fix for the seat on the 2630, it feels like your sliding off the front. It needs to be tilted back some how. Is this a problem for anyone else? Or don't I have enough a_ _ to keep it down? thanks

/ 2630 Seat #2  
I remember some TBNers complaining about theirs. It means, you're not alone with that problem. As for my experience with my seat, I've never felt that way.

/ 2630 Seat #3  
When I first got my B3030 I thought the same thing. My fix was to just wear the seatbelt most of the time. I got used to it quickly and never give it a thought anymore. When I mow lawn I travel pretty fast and tend to get jostled around a little. The seat belt helps keep me in the seat and lets me relax instead of hanging on so hard. I also have the ride spring tension backed off so that it will bottom out on really harsh bumps. This allows for a very soft ride under most conditions.

I have a theory about why the seat is angled as it is instead of laid back. I believe it has something to do with forcing you to set upright with your weight centered over the seat so your right foot is free to operate the HST pedal. If the pedal was farther forward then the seat would be better if it was laid back so you could extend your leg to reach the pedal. Since the HST pedal is close to the front of the seat I don't think it would be comfortable to operate if you were leaning back.

Those are my thoughts on the seat subject anyway, for what it is worth. I do agree that it does take some getting used to, though.

/ 2630 Seat #4  
I feel the same way about the B3030 seat even with the seat belt on. I plan on installing a few shim washers under the front edge of the seat mount to see if that helps.

/ 2630 Seat #5  
I have really never really felt that way. But Im sorta a big fella :)

/ 2630 Seat #6  
sarti said:
Does anyone have a fix for the seat on the 2630, it feels like your sliding off the front. It needs to be tilted back some how. Is this a problem for anyone else? Or don't I have enough a_ _ to keep it down? thanks
did you try and set the seat teasion knob to loose rather than firm, i know mine was firm and felt a little akward till i turn the knob to loosen set teansion.

/ 2630 Seat #7  
Hey folks! My first post and I was sorry to see someone else with a seat issue on the 2630. Mine was delivered and within 5 minutes of playtime I knew that the seat had to go. I don't even use the arm rests. I called the dealer and he had interest in making me happy. He actually went out in the yard and got on another machine to see what I was talking about. He called back and said wow, he never knew but bring it in and he would give me a seat from a L series, I think specifically a 2800 model. A nut driver and four small bolts later I was in heaven! Since then he told me of that seat being a deal killer for him but he was running out of other seats and Kubota hadn't told him what to do yet. Anyway, that was my experience with the 2630, 3030, and BX series "deluxe" seat. This machine is great otherwise and I am slowly getting some very minor buzzes out it. I am very grateful to my dealer for his effort to make me happy.

B2630, LA403 FEL, BH75 Hoe, Rhino 5' shredder and numerous other attachments. Purchased 5 2006.