Front snowblower vs. rear snowblower

/ Front snowblower vs. rear snowblower #1  

BlacknTan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7800
I'd like to hear opinions of the pro's and cons of the rear mounted showblower vs. the front mounted. Obviously the rear is easier on and off, but is it also more heavy duty?

The tractor is a B-7800

/ Front snowblower vs. rear snowblower #2  
It's been discussed a number of times before. Bottom line: rear is lower cost; either type can be easier to install, for example the Kubota fronts are very easy to install; but biggest factor is the type of work to do. If you have a large or long area, then consider doing all of the driving backing up, turned looking over your shoulder. Remember you will be dressed in heavy clothes and in freexing temperatures.

At least that is my feeling.

paul

/ Front snowblower vs. rear snowblower #3  
This topic has been discussed to death at least a dozen times in the past few years. DO a search and you will have more reading material than you probably digest.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that all snowblowers, rear and front, are not made the same. You have your heavy duty and light duty models. You really need to do your research by searching previous posts on TBN. All options have been minutely discussed.

FYI, your B7800 should take at least a 60" - 64" rear blower. Hydraulic chute rotation and deflection are desired options.

/ Front snowblower vs. rear snowblower
Sorry, I should have tried the search first.

Thanks much!

/ Front snowblower vs. rear snowblower #5  
Keep in mind that with a rear snowblower you can leave the loader on... more weight = more traction. And you can use it if needed. A front snowblower is great if you have a long driveway.

Hydraulic chute rotation and deflection are desired options.
MadReferee is absolutely right, it's a must.

/ Front snowblower vs. rear snowblower #6  
One more thing, if you are going to use any of the loader hydraulics for a front mounted blower make sure you have the 4-way loader valve. It's a requirement and is only a $50 upgrade at purchase time but several hundred dolllars after purchase.

/ Front snowblower vs. rear snowblower #7  
The new 27 series kubota snowblowers are designed for front use with subframe, you can purchase a conversion kit for B series tractors and use them in the rear. I have a 2782 W/ hydraulic chute control, i have not used it yet, however i expect it to throw snow 60 to 70 feet. I had a kubota 2650 (front) on my B7500, it would throw 50 feet at 2500 rpm.