New Product for crowded garages.

/ New Product for crowded garages. #1  

RBManufacturing

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 8N / Kubota B 6200. Kubota B 7100. Modified wards lawn tractor. Souped up.
Hi Guys,
I would like your opinion of a new product we carry. I do not
make the product. A friend of mine owns the patent. He
believes there is a market for them for those of us who have
the tractor in the garage, or a small out building. I put one
in my garage, and I must admit, if I hit the tractor or
freezer now, there are no excuses. Or if the wife hits it!!!
What do you guys think???Rick

Rick Hedgecock
R&B Manufacturing
http://www.tiltmeter.com
(816)587-9814

/ New Product for crowded garages. #3  
Now it I had a garage door opener it'd be cool. Maybe Santa will bring me a garage door opener.

Bo McCarty
Bluegrass, Pick It Up!

/ New Product for crowded garages. #4  
Rick, maybe you should have given instructions to click on the link to your web site, and check out the "Car Stop". Or maybe I was just slow;/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif but my first thought was that you forgot to attach a picture./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Anyway, I think it'll sell and would be nice to have in a garage, but don't know whether it will be a big seller. I once made a low tech, low budget device for the same purpose when I had two teenage drivers in the house. In Texas we have a state safety inspection sticker in the lower left corner of the windshield, so I hung tennis balls from the garage ceiling on monofilament fishing line so that when they drove into the garage and stopped with a tennis ball touching the windshield on the inspection sticker, they were in the right spot. Of course, the advantage of the Car Stop would be not having a tennis ball hanging in the way when the car's not in its spot.

BirdSig.jpg

/ New Product for crowded garages. #5  
Dang, Rick, you caught onto that while I was typing and looking at the product./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ New Product for crowded garages. #6  
I used tennis balls hanging from strings too. That costs less than a buck. I've also seen things you can mount on the garage wall and a light will come on when you get within the distance you preset. Also, I've seen devices that you can mount to the rear of your car that will beep when you get within a couple of feet of an object. Check out www.smarthome.com for examples.

I'm not sure if the Car Stop will be a hot ticket with all of these other items already out there. But hey, someone will buy them.

/ New Product for crowded garages. #7  
Its cool and seems nice but needs to have advantages over other devices. When compared to the tennis ball it costs more but has the advantage that nothing hangs from the ceiling, but how about when compared to other electronic devices? If it were to remind me to open the garage door before backing out that might be an advantage /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif. Almost hit my door twice in the past few months, not quite used to having a garage again

DaveV

/ New Product for crowded garages. #8  
Bird,

I solved that problem by attaching the fishing line to the garage door, up to the roof top through a couple of eyes and then to the tennis ball. As long as you have ceiling height greater than the door height you're fine. Garage door open, tennis ball is down in position, garage door closed, ball raises up out of the way. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Enjoy,
Michael

/ New Product for crowded garages. #9  
You are a genius!! I've been bonking my forehead on tennis balls for years.

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-85239-int2500b.jpg

/ New Product for crowded garages. #10  
Very good, Michael, I never thought of that trick.

BirdSig.jpg