How to disable PTO safety to run generator

/ How to disable PTO safety to run generator #1  

GuyL

Tractor
2006 Kubota 4330
I will take delivery of a 24Kw pto generator Friday. Has anyone found an easy way to disable the seat safety switch for the pto on a 4330 (or any Grand L)? While I would like to tell the houseguest that comes by to enjoy the a/c during or after a storm that it was his turn to sit on the tractor for a few hours, I don't want to do it myself or throw a bag of rocks on my very comfortable seat.

Thanks as always,

Guy

/ How to disable PTO safety to run generator #2  
Well, I'm not going to tell you how to disable a safety switch. That would be "bad". Although, my L3410 does not have a seat switch at all. I can't tell you the number of times that I have operated the tractor standing so I could see what I was about to mow over!

Now, if I were trouble shooting a switch, I would unplug it. Then put an ohm meter on the switch and see if it is normally closed or normally open. If it was normally closed, then unplugging the switch would open it just like when the switch was operated. If it was normally open, then putting a jumper wire from one terminal of the plug to the other terminal on the wire from the tractor would make the switch look like it was engaged, even when it was unplugged.

Of course, when working on equipment with interlocks, a well placed tie wrap can make a switch stay down...That is done often to trouble shoot equipment.

I am NOT advocating you to bypass safety devices. You are on your own! I am not accepting any liability for your foolish actions. IF you make the choice, it is your action and your responsibility.

jb

/ How to disable PTO safety to run generator #3  
On my BX23 theres a proceedure to use to operate the rear PTO only. I'm not familure with your model but there may be a bypass built in to your tractor.

Volfandt

/ How to disable PTO safety to run generator #4  
On most of the Grand L-30 series tractors you set the parking brake, tilt the seat forward and rest it on the steering wheel and engage the PTO. Tilting the seat forward also prevent rain, snow from gathering in the seat while the unit is powering the generator. In the summer time it prevents the seat from becoming a hot plate to set down on. By-passing safety devices is dangerous in my opinion.

/ How to disable PTO safety to run generator #5  
On the B7800 there are two switches activated by the seat. The first is the normal one that kills the motor if the tractor is running and the seat doesn't have weight on it. Safety just in case you fall out. Second switch is activated when you tip the seat all the way forward. This allows you to run the tractor and PTO without having to sit on the seat. I've used this switch to safely run a 3pt. wood chipper, and not so safely add my weight to the PHD while trying to get through the concret hard GA. clay.

I'm sure the L series has to have a similar switch to allow the PTO to run while the seat is empty. Too many 3pt attachments out there that need the driver down on the ground. I found my second switch while reading through my manual. Always a good idea.

/ How to disable PTO safety to run generator #6  
L3400, tip the seat forward. I use that when I am mowing and need to move something quickly. Do not like to leave it for more than hopping on and off real fast.