Tractor
    Kubota 7500 w/ FEL

Default Step for Kubota

I have a B7500 and am fairly short (5'3") and my knees arn't getting any younger. Some mornings when my arthritus is acting up I find it hard to climb into the seat of my tractor. I was hoping one of you fine folks might know if there is a 'step' I can have added to the tractor to give me a leg up?

Default Re: Step for Kubota

Thumper, I don't know of anything ready made to just bolt on, but I sure know of several metal fabricators/welders who could make one if I couldn't make it myself. I'll bet there are several in your area, too. If I were you, I'd take a picture of the left side of the tractor and stop by a couple of welding shops and ask. Or simply ask your tractor dealer. I would expect them to know of some shops that could do the job, it they don't do things like that themselves.

Would one of the small steps for trucks work?
    Egon

Tractor
    Kubota B7100HST & Kubota L4610HST w/FEL

thumperjb
    attached pic of step off of L series. probably available thru your dealer. it's not heavy duty, so keep it out of the rough stuff like stumps and rocks. 12"wide x 8" high. maybe could be mounted w/ couple pcs. angle iron.
    regards
    Mutt

Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710 HST and a Kubota ZD21 60Pro

thumperjb, I've seen guys suspend a peice of flat iron from 2 short lengths of cable, (picture a rope ladder). You can have the step as low as you want, or add add 2 rungs. No danger destroying the thing on rocks/stumps, it'll just bounce off. If you make it too low, be sure the cable attachments are the weak point, you don't want your platform to be the point of failure if it catches on something... JJT

Tractor
    B2710 HST,TLB R4's

thumperjb
    You did'nt say if you had FEL. On my B2710 I fabricated an
    L shaped bracket strong enough to support my weight and used
    an existing hole in the loader frame to attach. Had to make
    threads ...7/16" I believe. It has held up very well. Make
    sure to make the surface non skid.
    RayBee

Tractor
    Kubota 7500 w/ FEL

Thanks, I will look under the FEL braces this weekend and see if my B7500 has a hole there. This sounds like a job I could do w/o hauling my baby to a welding shop, I don't have a trailer and I was looking to avoid that as long as possible. Now if I can just think of something other than 'Gorilla Glue' to attach hooks to the top of the bucket. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thumper, how about drilling a couple of holes and attach a hook with a U-bolt. I did mine like the picture shows so the hooks lay back out of the way of putting the fork lift forks on.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -15-90369-buckethook2-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota 7500 w/ FEL

I hadn't even thought of that, Thanks [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I didn't think of bolting them on, thought welding was the only way. That should work for me thought as I doubt if I will be putting a great deal of weight on my hooks, I am still being real gentle with my 'baby' sorta like a new car you hate to put the first scratch on it. I don't mind all the scratches on the bucket but the first scratch on the tractor itself will no doubt hurt me more that it does the tractor.