What is the hydraulic Flow for 2710 ?

/ What is the hydraulic Flow for 2710 ? #1  

jasonf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 2710
I am going ahead with my threat to make a hydraulic chute rotator for my B2772 63" Front mounted blower. The kit is $595 plus tax. I have a hydraulic motor in mind. I have machined a bolt onto the worm gear and used a torque wrench to manually spin the chute. It looks like it takes about 100 in/Lb at the most difficult part of the 'spin cycle'. I figure that if I double or ever triple that number because of that accumulated ice, I'm looking at around 300 in/Lb. I have looked into the brouchue that came with my 2710 and it states that the Hydraulic pressure for the FEL is about 1800-2000 PSI. The output of the Hyd pump is 10 Gal/Minute. Before I can order the Hyd motor I need to know 3 things. 1) the Input PSI (I have 2000 PSI Max) 2) the torque load (lets say 500 In/LB ) and finally 3) the Gal per Minute. Which is what I need. The 10 Gal/Min is what the pump puts out, however that also feeds the hydrostatic drive, the power steering, and the 3PH. The hose that feeds the hydraulic motor from Kubota is 1/4 inch. So does anybody know what the Gallons per Minute is when you push Hyd fluid at 2000 PSI through a 1/4 inch hose ? Or should I assume that when I am rotating the chute that I will be stopped, with no load on the 3PH, and the steering at neutral. Could I assume lets say 8 gallons per minute? Does anybody out there have any other way of looking at this. As usual any help would be appreciated. I found that the motor Kubota sells is a 1.6 cu/in displacement. Attached is the specs for the Motor.

Heavy Duty Hydraulic Motor for High Torque, Low Speed!
For light and medium duty applications. Replacement for Charlynn «H«, White «HS«, and Ross TRW «MG« series. Maximum inlet pressure is 2500 PSI and maximum back pressure is 1000 PSI. Fully reversible, 4-bolt mount with 1in. x 1 3/4in. shaft with 1/4in. keyway. 1/2in. NPTF ports. Orbiting Gerotor Principle.

Maximum Displacement (cu.in.): 6.07
Maximum GPM: 14
Maximum RPM: 750
Maximum PSI: 2000
Maximum Torque (in.lbs): 1437

In Stock
Ship Wt. 13.00 lbs.
Item# 1003
Discount Price... $159.99

/ What is the hydraulic Flow for 2710 ? #2  
Jasonf, you're talking out of my ballpark, but I was wondering where you tapped into the hydraulics on your tractor for the snowblower. I used the optional hydraulic outlet block for my Top 'N Tilt and that block comes with instructions that say for maximum flow of 4.5 gallons per minute and maximum pressure of 1920 to 1992 psi.

BirdSig.jpg

/ What is the hydraulic Flow for 2710 ? #3  
Jason, I have a Lucknow snowblower and the chute would freeze-up at the rotation part. I drilled 4 grease zerts on the outer part and keep grease in there and it solved the freezing problem and the chute rotates easier in general.

RCH

/ What is the hydraulic Flow for 2710 ?
Bird:
The FEL comes off at the quick disconnect points leaving the joystick and the hydraulic quick connects behind. I have 4 ports available on the joystick. 2 for the up and down for the loader and 2 for the curl/dump of the loader. I have bought the subframe for the snowblower, so I just drive the male part of the subframe into the female part on the back of the snowblower head. The up/down of the subframe cyl is controlled by gthe up/down ports that normally control the loader. The dump/curl ports are then used for the left/right rotation of the chute.

/ What is the hydraulic Flow for 2710 ? #5  
OK, Jasonf, I understand, and my manual (and I suppose yours) shows the relief valve to be set for 6 gal/min at 1950 psi at 110 degrees. But of course that doesn't tell you how much can go through those quarter inch lines. Maybe someone else can help. I'll bet it's plenty, though.

BirdSig.jpg

Thanks, I will check for binding and see if I can modify mine the same way you did.

You know I didn't even check my service manual, so do you think that the 1/4 inch hoses will allow the 6 gal per minute flow ? Thanks for the info !!!!

/ What is the hydraulic Flow for 2710 ? #8  
As I recall the flow for the loader and 3PH is only about 6GPM. There is a separate pump for the PS, and the Hydrostatic system is completely separate too.

As for the line size, you will only be pushing small amounts of fluid through the line at distant intervals, so I don't think you'll have any trouble with 1/4" line. The loader hoses are 3/8" is I recall so it clearly doesn't need to be any more than that.

Sounds like a fun project.

/ What is the hydraulic Flow for 2710 ? #9  
Jasonf, like I said, I may be a little out of my element here, but I don't think you necessarily need or want a 6 gallon per minute flow. When I plumbed my Top 'N Tilt, I used 3/8" hoses from the outlet block on the tractor to and from the valve, but only because that's what the loader had and that's what the guy making up the hoses got out. But then I knew the cylinders would probably act faster than I wanted, so I used 1/4" hoses between the valve and the cylinders, and sure enough if there were anything I could easily change it would be flow restrictors to slow down the flow. Remember this is with an outlet block for a maximum of 4.5 gal/min. And the tubes on the outlet block itself are only 1/4". So . . ., I still don't know what the maximum flow of 1/4" lines would be, but I'd bet it'll be all you need or want.

BirdSig.jpg