Tire Pressures?

/ Tire Pressures? #1  

sw9568

I’d appreciate some advice on best tire pressures to maintain for my recently acquired B-2400, equipped with FEL and MMM. The ground around my place (including pastures to mow) is somewhat rocky and hard-packed, not soft or muddy. According to the owner’s manual specs, the front tires (23 x 8.5-12, R4) require 22 psi and the rear tires (12-16.5, R4) require 18 psi. The rears now have liquid ballast installed. With ballast, should I still try to maintain 18 psi in those rear tires or should they be changed to a different psi level? The manual also says to keep the front tires at “maximum pressure if using a FEL”. Does that mean inflating them to the full rated psi level marked on the side of the tire rather than at 22 psi?

/ Tire Pressures? #2  
Yes, should maintain the same pressure in the tire with or without liquid ballast. For the fronts, again yes, When doing FEL work carrying heavy loads in the bucket I would run the max marked on the sidewall. On the other hand I would run minimum pressure in both front and back when mowing - with FEL dismounted - to reduce compaction.