Tips on removing B21 Backhoe?

/ Tips on removing B21 Backhoe? #1  

NC4AB

Bronze Member
Tractor
B21 TLB; L4240 GST; 8N
I purchased a used B21 several months ago and now have a need to remove the backhoe. I have read the manual and understand how it should come off, but it appears that it has never been off before and everything (including the spring pins) are frozen solid. I have starting soaking all of the mounting area with penetrant to try to loosen everything up. Any tips on what may help on freeing it up?

Thanks

Andy

B21 TLB / BX2200

/ Tips on removing B21 Backhoe? #2  
If it is a sub frame mount and has a top link, make sure to take the top connecter off first. There is no way the hoe will come off or even budge otherwise. You may need to wiggle the boom back and forth to get the top link free. Once it is removed, you should be OK.

/ Tips on removing B21 Backhoe? #3  
kubotafan said:
Brake fluid makes a great penetrating fluid!

It'll also eat your paint away, except for the DOT 5 which is the silicone base, not sure about its penetrating capability though.
Oh, while your removing the HOE, which I think may be like the one on my BX23 or something like it. Make sure the out riggers are about 12" off the deck, then curl the bucket, pull the toplinks, then roll the bucket to to clear the link assembly. Watch the rear fenders here, this is where the outrigger height comes into play. I ussually do mine off to the side, adjusting the outriggers as I go, run just off idle.
Once your clear of the frame, crepe forward, then shut down, move all levers and disconnect the hydo lines.
It sounds like a majort undertaking, just keep the book near and take your time. If your putting the BH on a wooden floor like a shed, use some additional 2X6 or 2X10 and dispirse the load accross the joist.
I got a couple of pieces of truck tires off the interstate, put a block of 2X6 on the foot portion of the outriggers, then used a carrage bolt with wing nuts to attach rubber pad and wood block to the foot so its removable. I can set up on concrete, wood, and asphalt with very little damage now.