Trailering

/ Trailering #1  

Turfman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
What is the best way to secure the tractor to a trailer? I have been using chain with binders. Where is the best place to wrap them and secure the tractor to the trailer?

Kev

/ Trailering #2  
Kev,
I use two binders and grade 70 5/16" chain to hold my tractor to the trailer. (see attached photo)

18-30445-von.gif

Attachments

• 15-89924-trailered.jpg
    15-89924-trailered.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 161
   / Trailering #3  
Turfman
Same here, 5/16 grade 70 chain and binders. I attach thru the implement.
regards
Mutt

/ Trailering #4  
One little tidbit, I'd like to add...

When securing the tractor to the trailer...just don't make the mistake and wrap your tie-down chains around the axles {because it's convenient /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif}... as this places undue stress on the castings when you adjust your load binders...

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Trailering #5  
Your B2710 still in showroom condition..no mud nor grass not even a mark in the bucket./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
I bet your dealer like to get his hands on your Kubota.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Trailering #6  
I use two nylon ratchet straps on the front, one each side. They are 10,000 pound rated. I hook to my FEL brackets towards the front of the tractor. Depending on what implement I use either one or two 3/8" chains on the rear with load binder(s). With my brush hog I can run a single chain across the tph lift arms just in front of the lift links. That doesn't work with my box scraper though, so I usually use one or two chains from it to the trailer. The standard load binders work well if you are securing close to the tires where you can get some compression. I've added a ratchet binder for those times when I'm seciring close to a fixed object, like my scraper. I couldn't get enough compression on the lever type binders to be comfortable.

Last weekend I hauled a friends Ford 640 for him. One chain across the front and one across the rear. Piece of cake, but no FEL or other implements either.

Whatever you do, make your tractor "one with your trailer" /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ Trailering #7  
Thomas,
"Your B2710 still in showroom condition..no mud nor grass not even a mark in the bucket.
I bet your dealer like to get his hands on your Kubota.
"
It still looks this good because I work at it! washed and waxed the tractor more than I did my Porsche! Heck, I paid more for the tractor than I did for the 911, so why not! The bucket has a few more scratches in it, but those I don't worry about. Never have, never will, thats just going to happen. Most of my heavy work around both houses are done, so the tractor gets used for mostly cutting grass and snow removal. And with the weather the way it has been not much seat time at all. I know why we have not gotten any snow yet, I got a new snow blower for the tractor this year! Might not get a chance to use it if this weather keeps up.

18-30445-von.gif

/ Trailering #8  
RobS,
What type of trailer do you have?

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-85239-int2500b.jpg

/ Trailering #9  
I've got an 18 foot car hauler. 16 flat with 2 foot dovetail. 7000 pound, brakes on one axle only. Slide in ramps. For my needs, it's working perfectly. It's made by Wandas and I got it in Elkhart. If you want to know where, let me know. I'll have to look that up as my memory is failing at the moment /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ Trailering
Thanks for the reply. I do the same, but was wondering if running it higher on the tractor would be better? If so where does it get run to not damage the tractor?

Thanks,
Kevin