remote hydraulics

/ remote hydraulics #1  

dentonsisk

Tractor
Kubota M4700, Ford 8N(2), Farmall Cub(2)
I recently purchased a used M4700 mainly for field mowing and also for the front end loader. It has far surpassed my expectations in power and ease of operation. Reliability is yet to be determined but I am sure it will last a long time.
I have been reading many many posts about remote hydraulics, and my tractor seems to have one set in the rear with a lever just to the right of my right leg. I don't want to sound completely clueless but at this point I believe I must admit that I have never used a remote before. I have rebuild several three point remote systems on older tractors and several touch controls on older farmalls but they were pretty simple.
None of my current equipment has remote capablilities (box blade, blade, rotary mower, etc....) Is it possible to add remotes to some of these like the blade? Could the remote be used as a constant source of pressure for a splitter? I have read that there is a remote for the top link which might be a real neat trick but I want to know more before I do any purchasing. If anyone could point me in the right place to learn the basics I sure would appreciate it.

Happy with my orange
denton

/ remote hydraulics #2  
It appears tht you have one rear remote, sometimes referred to as one set of remotes. The two connectors are for the valve's work ports and they are connected to a double acting hydraulic cylinder on your implement. They can also be connected to a hydraulic top link cylinder.

If you want to run a log splitter from the remotes you will have to find a mechanism to hold the remote lever in an open position so that you get constant flow to your splitter. A bungee cord usually does the trick.