Intermitent starting problem

/ Intermitent starting problem #1  

hz293

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510HSD
I have a B7510HST with 23 hours on it. Recently, there has been an intermitent problem with starting. Since it is intermitent, it would probably be almost impossible for the shop to find the problem. 98% of the time there is no problem. When it doesn't start I check all the obvious items such as the PTO knob, clutch, etc. When it doesn't start, there is a loud clicking sound like a solenoid. After a couple of minutes, I push the clutch in and it starts. This seems to happen after it's been run awhile. However, the temperature reading is still near the bottom of the gauge.

Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas?

Harris

/ Intermitent starting problem #2  
I have the same problem with my BX 24. Only 1 out of maybe 20 tries... she is just dead. I jump up and down, dance around, wiggle all the levers and assorted safety devices and eventually she fires right up and doesn,t do it again for a week or so. STRANGE!!!

/ Intermitent starting problem #3  
I endured the same thing for 6 years with my B7500. I had to open the hood and start the tractor jumping the post on the starter with a screwdriver. I learned to live with it, but it was a drag in the winter working snow!

/ Intermitent starting problem #4  
That loud click is the fuel solonoid with the key in the run position.
Try moving the go pedel ever so slightly in both directions to see if that helps, sometimes the pedel does not center just right for the saftey switch to mate.
My L2800 does it every now an again and my previous B7500 did it also.

/ Intermitent starting problem #5  
Same thing with my B-2910 so I installed a push button that is wired across the starter as mentioned above. Now I don't have to raise the hood and get the screwdriver. Only need to use the "just in case" button once every "blue moon"

/ Intermitent starting problem #6  
Hello,
I had the same problem with a B2400, and tried all the obvious things such as bad battery, poor ground connections, etc. None of which worked.
The problem you are most likely having is with regard to high resistance in the ignition switch, and safety switches. The bottom line is that you are not getting a minimum of 9 volts to your starter solenoid. Since it is not feasible to replace all the switches, there is a thread written by "kubmech" about a year and a half ago that explains a relay kit available through John Deere! Yes, John Deere. The entire kit costs approx. $25.00 and is completly color coded. It took me approx. 10 minutes to install and now I get 12 volts to the starter every time. The tractor starts perfectly every time! Search the old threads.
Kubota is behind the times on this one.

Good Luck.