FEL control, install error by dealer

/ FEL control, install error by dealer #1  

azhfl56

Tractor
Kubota M6040Cab
I was looking for some advice. I am new here, thought I have been lurking for some time. At any rate, I just purchased a brand new Kubota 4330 Cab model. When the dealer installed the controller for the front end loader, it would seem they did not use the supplied template for installation. In order to install the fel control they must drill through the fender. Now the fel control is in the wrong place. It hits my knee and does not allow the rear lift control to go all the way down, because the lever for the rear lift control hits the fel control. There is no hope of adding draft control because there would be hardly any clearance for the second lever. The installer also managed to seperate the seam bonding the fender to the cab body. The inside of the fender is now bent and seperating, the spot welds have been popped.

Up until this point the dealer has been great. What do I do? In order to fix it the right way, in my opinion they would have to order a new fender. However, what is saying that the same careless bloke or his co-hort don't do worse? I am really confounded on what to do. I know that if you just bought a brand new car and the dealer installed something that had to be drilled and drilled the holes in the wrong location, the item they drilled would be replaced.

I don't want a bunch of extra holes, but I don't want to be mean either. I know mistakes happen. I am just a little irked because Kubota supplies a template and the installer decided not to use it.

Any advice appreciated

Regards,

Bryan

/ FEL control, install error by dealer #2  
Have the dealer correct HIS mistake. You shouldn't have to suffer because his technician screwed up.

BTW, please fill in your profile so that we can at least see where you are from. Sometimes location makes a difference in the response you might get.

/ FEL control, install error by dealer
Thanks for the reply, went back and added more info to my profile.

I want them to fix the mistake, but my concern is what is reasonable. Simply re-drilling more holes and re-locating the fel control? Is that reasonable? Is it reasonable to expect a new fender? I know I tend to be too easy in this department and then regret it later. My concerns are rust and factory integrity. Part of me says, ok, fine do your best and I will live with it, and the other part of me says, get it right as per the instructions from Kubota with no 'extra' or get me another tractor. So I imagine somewhere in between lies reality. What would you expect?

B

/ FEL control, install error by dealer #4  
azhfl56 said:
I want them to fix the mistake, but my concern is what is reasonable. Simply re-drilling more holes and re-locating the fel control? Is that reasonable? Is it reasonable to expect a new fender? ... What would you expect?

I would expect, then demand, nothing less than a new fender with the cutout made correctly. There is no excuse whatsoever for shoddy workmanship.

/ FEL control, install error by dealer #5  
I think in this case you need to sit down with the dealer and explain all the issues you've seen with this shoddy install. Then tell him what it will take to make you satisfied. Don't fall for the trap of believing he's a 'friend' such that you don't want to cause hard feelings. Remember this is a BUSINESS deal. It's just business. You have popped spot welds. How SHOULD this be corrected?

If the same jerks screw up again? Then they get to FIX it again...this is BUSINESS, not friendship.

/ FEL control, install error by dealer #6  
As a dealer, and service manager of the year for six years(toot my horn), I feel if you are not satisfied, I'm not. No matter if its an economy model or the deluxe edition. Go see your dealer, and if not satisfied, ask to see service rep. On the back of your operators manual is the phone number for every regional division of Kubota. Call them. Squeaky wheel gets greased.but, start at your dealer.

/ FEL control, install error by dealer #7  
I am very forgiving and easy going when it comes to stuff like this I used to be a mechanic. In this case, from what you describe, I wouln't expect anything less than a new fender and the install done right. Heck if I wanted a scewed up mess with a bunch of extra holes I can do that myself.

/ FEL control, install error by dealer #8  
This must happen more than you’d think with cabs… My L4200. See attached pic. As you can see I have short bolts in the extra holes, not a real problem… may even think of something to hang on there. On my fender it was only 3 holes easy to fix, no welds were broken. KennyV.

Attachments

• ControlMt1.JPG
    ControlMt1.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 242
   / FEL control, install error by dealer #9  
You are obliged to tell the dealer of the poor installation not only for your benefit, but for his and everybody else who purchases from him. Management is responsible to ensure their people are properly trained. You have already paid for that training in the price you paid for the tractor. To settle for anything less than satisfaction is irresponsible.

There is no need to be reluctant to address your grievances. Simply state that which you expect to be corrected and ask when you can expect the work will be properly completed.

/ FEL control, install error by dealer #10  
Bryan, I've worked with men and women that have been arrested for violence for many years. Part of our teaching is the use of diplomacy when dealing with issues. When people become forceful trying to solve problems always leads to more problems and alienates those that can actually help us. Try to include the dealer to resolve this by getting them on yourside. This doesn't mean manipulation. You have a legimate problem..... Give them the opportunity to take care of it. (no threats or intimidation on your part. ) Most of what we assume will happen never does. let us know it this fails. I have further steps. Tony