Hydraulic leak on Kubota L-4610...Help!

/ Hydraulic leak on Kubota L-4610...Help! #1  

DaddyRabbit

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L-4610 HST
I have a Kubota L4610 that's about 4 yrs old that has been pampered to the max but always used. It has approx 400 hrs on it. I noticed the other day that it appears to be leaking around the inspection window on the rear end. Not too bad but bad enough to cause me to worry it could get worse. Have any of the Kubota owners ever had or heard of this happening and if so what's the resolution? Thanks for any help.

/ Hydraulic leak on Kubota L-4610...Help!
Buehler....Buehler....Buehler

/ Hydraulic leak on Kubota L-4610...Help! #3  
DaddyRabbit said:
I have a Kubota L4610 that's about 4 yrs old that has been pampered to the max but always used. It has approx 400 hrs on it. I noticed the other day that it appears to be leaking around the inspection window on the rear end. Not too bad but bad enough to cause me to worry it could get worse. Have any of the Kubota owners ever had or heard of this happening and if so what's the resolution? Thanks for any help.

Post a pic. I think I read about someone replacing the window. Post a picture.
Bob

/ Hydraulic leak on Kubota L-4610...Help! #4  
DaddyRabbit said:
Buehler....Buehler....Buehler

You will discover that "patience is a virtue" on TBN. Many folks enjoy their weekends and you might have to wait a few days for any answer.
Bob

/ Hydraulic leak on Kubota L-4610...Help!
Thanks Bob, Problem resolved! Tractor was consumed by rust thereby making problem null and void. :cool:

Doc_Bob said:
You will discover that "patience is a virtue" on TBN. Many folks enjoy their weekends and you might have to wait a few days for any answer.
Bob

/ Hydraulic leak on Kubota L-4610...Help! #6  
DaddyRabbit said:
Thanks Bob, Problem resolved! Tractor was consumed by rust thereby making problem null and void. :cool:

That's the fastest oxidation I have ever heard about!

jb

/ Hydraulic leak on Kubota L-4610...Help! #7  
DaddyRabbit said:

If you had asked about what kind of fluid to add after you fixed the leak, you'd have 800 responses by now....

Terry

/ Hydraulic leak on Kubota L-4610...Help! #8  
Seems pretty simple. If you think it is leaking around the window, find out how to replace it. There was a post here not too long ago about this very problem. Doing a search and repairing it yourself might have saved you from the ravages of _rapid_ oxidation. You're not driving it in tide pools are you?