97 Kubota L2500 3pt hitch not raising well

/ 97 Kubota L2500 3pt hitch not raising well #1  

jeffcall7

Bought tractor used; 285 hours. Initially would raise hitch when position lever was half way up or more. Progressively over last 5 hours of use has gotten to where it won't raise until the lever is all the way up/back, and even then it takes a second to start raising. Still lowers fine, holds its position, and it is not related to the knob below the seat governing the lowering speed. Front loader bucket hydraulics work fine. Is there a hydraulic fluid valve specific for the 3 point hitch that could be clogged or not opening like it should? If so - is it user-servicable by someone with fairly decent automotive (but not hydraulics) knowledge? Thanks!

/ 97 Kubota L2500 3pt hitch not raising well #2  
Is the L2500 equipped with the hydraulic selector like the one in attached picture?
If it has, this should be in the vertical position for operation with loader attached(as in this picture) and turned to the horizontal for 3pt with loader removed. KennyV.

Attachments

• HydSelect.JPG
    HydSelect.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 368
   / 97 Kubota L2500 3pt hitch not raising well
Where is the selector switch located on the photo you attached?

/ 97 Kubota L2500 3pt hitch not raising well #5  
I have the same problem with my L2500. I believe it has always been like the problem described above. The 3 pt. never seems to hold its position and always "floats". I do not have draft control. I have always wondered if something was not adjusted or hooked up correctly. This thread seems to have ended quite some time ago, but I hope someone will pick it back up.