Winter storage

/ Winter storage #1  

trekfelt

I have read the thread about container storage and wonder if anyone has experience with the softsided sheds, the kind with a framework and fabric/plastic covering them. I live in the mountains of New England so snow is an issue.

/ Winter storage #2  
I have a Cover-It shelter. They recently changed hands and are now called Shelter Logic. Made in Watertown CT. I have had mine for 3 winters now and have had no problems. One thing I would do if I bought another is to get a vent for the back panel as these things get hot inside in the summer.

Shelter Logic website

Attachments

• my coverit with snow load.jpg
    my coverit with snow load.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 250
   / Winter storage #3  
I went with the el-cheapo method. Harbor Freight special called the Big Top. 16' 9 x 8' 10 x 7' high. Anyway, for $128 after the 20% off coupon it works for me. My B7610 fits in it just fine with room to spare. Unfortunately I have to fold down the ROPS but otherwise it's a good fit.

Haven't had it suffer through a winter yet since I bought it in April but it has held up through some pretty good wind and rain storms. Also, I live in the woods and I had a pretty good size branch fall on it. Didn't leave a mark! No holes, no bent framework.

I'm thinking since they have a pretty sloped roof the snow falls right off of them, similar to the pict that Mad posted.

Here's the site.. if you want to be cheap like me! :)

HFT-USA

Keith
Kubota B7610

/ Winter storage #4  
trekfelt said:
I have read the thread about container storage and wonder if anyone has experience with the softsided sheds, the kind with a framework and fabric/plastic covering them. I live in the mountains of New England so snow is an issue.

Another vote for Cover-it shed. I've had mine for three years as well and snow hasn't bothered it. Beware of the cheaper ones! My friend in Tamworth NH bought 2 from Sam's for his cars and they collapsed on the third snowfall. He then bought cover-its that have been standing three years.

Attachments

• december blizzard 008.jpg
    december blizzard 008.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 196
   / Winter storage #5  
:cool: Will the BX23 fit into one of these shelters?

/ Winter storage #6  
:eek: That was my first post, :) Thought I might just post one to myself!;)

/ Winter storage #7  
Trahere said:

You might need to fold down your ROPS unles you are able to roll the door way up. Everything else is no problem.

/ Winter storage #8  
Trahere said:
Sure, with no problem. The width of the shelter can be 8', 10' or 12' and the depth can go from 12' to 40' or so in 4' increments.

The picture below is my TD6 bulldozer parked in my CoverIt. I still have over 4' left at the back end where I have my box blade and landscrape rake stored. Your BX will fit in there several times over.

My CovetIt is 12' wide and 20' deep. My only regret is that I didn't go 4' deeper. Cost for this unit was $700 delivered factory direct 3 years ago.

Attachments

• dozer in coverit.jpg
    dozer in coverit.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 173
   / Winter storage #9  
How old is your shelter! Looks to be in fine shape to me. Do they make one a little smaller. With air conditioning, Home theater, bath and kitchen? That's what I would need if my wife caught me purchasing one of those, not to mention a bed!:rolleyes: Thats my third post. Hope my custom Avatar works!!!!!!!!:)