Clutch needed

/ Clutch needed #1  

chas in me

Tractor
Kubota L175 2 wd
The clutch on my L 175 has bitten the dust. Can't shift or start it without it either being in gear or neutral. I adjusted the arm connected to the pedal all the way out but it is toast. Bought the parts from a dealer about 15 miles away in Canada. I am going to have a small town mechanic do the work.
Is there anything special or really out of the ordinary we should look for?
I appreciate any hints or "watch out fors' you might have.
Thanks,
Chas

/ Clutch needed #3  
Normally a failed clutch just slips or makes a lot of noise because the throw out bearing is toast or the clutch disc friction linings are worn to the rivets. Did this rig make a lot of noise as it failed or show any other symptoms? Sorry if I'm plowing old ground.

Reason I ask is if the release bearing is bad enough it chews off the pressure plate fingers. You may not be able to know everything needed until you get in there. Best of luck. DickB

Last edited:
   / Clutch needed #4  
check the starter ring gear when you at it and replace if worn

/ Clutch needed
Thanks for the info guys. I will take what you said to my mechanic tomorrow. The situation is that the tractor won't shift. The trans will go into gear with the motor off, but just grinds when you try to shift with the clutch pedal in. I started it in gear and drove up to the shop, about two miles, with no problem. There is no special noise when it runs. I bought clutch. pressure plate and throw-out gear for parts.