Cost of L3430 Radiator and fan shroud?

/ Cost of L3430 Radiator and fan shroud? #1  

InlineDieselFan

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota
Today I pulled the Kubota out of the shop and went to move one log that has been bothering me for months, that I keep forgetting to move. Unfortunatly I remembered today and it will cost me, somehow a stick went just right or just wrong ever how you look at it and it hit the radiator busting the plastic bottom where it meets the aluminimum. Then it pushed further back and broke the fan shroud.

How much will this cost me Monday morning?

All of the dealers are closed.

I don't want to laugh at them, or say something really rude when they tell me the price.

Lessons learned I guess.

TIA

steve

/ Cost of L3430 Radiator and fan shroud? #2  
I had a stick hit mine just right and broke off the molded nipple on the bottom that sits in a brace. I was able to repair mine with a package of epoxy I got from auto zone for about eight dollars. If yours is cracked too close to where the alluminum is crimped onto the plastic you may not able to patch it. I would think you could repair the shroud with some screws and sheet metal strips

/ Cost of L3430 Radiator and fan shroud?
Woodchuckie,

the shroud may be fixable but i doubt it, I think it will 'flap' in the wind of the fan. I sanded the dings on the fan blade so hopefully it is okay.

I took another look today, the plastic is busted where the aluminimum meets it, and the aluminimum has a nice bend in it down to the core where there is a leak.

I spent a good portion of the morning surfing for Kubota radiators and Denso radiators, I never found the right one. but I think I will be out somewhere around $300.

BTW I am saving the stick as a reminder of being stupid.

steve

/ Cost of L3430 Radiator and fan shroud? #4  
Radiator assy. lists for $260.10. Fan shroud lists for $34.70. Hopefully you won't need both but it could have been worse I guess.

/ Cost of L3430 Radiator and fan shroud? #5  
I ran a cedar sapling through the radiator on my L4400. Pulled the radiator out and carried it to several local radiator shops. Several of them said they couldn't work with aluminum. The third one said 'no problem' and fixed it in an afternoon for about $75 (vs $400 for a new one).

The fan shroud was cracked so I bought some fiberglass cloth and epoxy and repaired it myself. Its been a good 6 months and no problems.