Need electrical help

/ Need electrical help #1  

RFB

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740HSTC3; B3000HSDCC
I have a 5030 HSTC, and I am trying to install the Kubota rear work light kit.

I have purchased the lights, brackets, and switch module (all Kubota OEM) from Messick's. I removed the cab roof, and easily found the plug adapter for the switch module, plugged it in and the switch indicator light illuminates.

I then went to the rear, and there are a number of different wire connections to choose from. Two sets (of two each) wires with spade connectors, plus one blue colored squarish plug. None of these are remotely similar to the bullet style connectors on the Kubota OEM lights.

Does anyone here know what the right wires are for the work light? (I do not have a multimeter to check each wire set.)

Thanks

/ Need electrical help
Now I am really stumped, I went and got a circuit tester, and still no joy.

The switch is hot and working fine, but none of the sets of wires in the rear have power from the switch.

There are two sets of two wires on each side on the rear, with spade style connectors; they are all cold regardless of switch position.

There is one square plug (multi-point) connector on the right rear that has a hot lead in it, but it is constant hot regardless of switch position.

This is confusing since I had thought this would be a "plug and play" type of hookup. Any ideas?

/ Need electrical help #3  
Is there a fuse in the fuse panel for the rear work lights? Kubota may not install one if there is nothing at the end of the circuit for it to power.

/ Need electrical help
Thank you, but that also is a dead end. There is only one 15 Amp fuse in the block that is marked as the position for "Work Lights", and it works.

I am stumped.

/ Need electrical help #6  
OOPS
... Just noticed in your first post above that you did install the rear work light switch…
Are the color codes from that new switch the same as the color coded wires at the rear? If everything else fails you can always run from your new switch directly to the new lights… also run a good ground return from the lights. KennyV.

/ Need electrical help
Problem solved.

The L5030 (and I assume other Cabbed "L" models) comes stubbed out for work lights (as I surmised but could not find). The front work lights, switches, and brackets are standard, the rears are options and if you did not get them when purchased, they are easy to retro.

The problem I had is that I was looking too deep(I finally got ahold of my local Kubota wrench and he told me the secret location.): the wires and connectors are already run all the way (through a grommet) and out to the flasher light bracket, (the mounting location for work lights as well), and mummified in a wad of electrical tape to the flasher light wire, bullet connectors attached.
The rest was easy; bolt on the bracket, plug in the connectors, and button everthing up.

As Laurel and Hardy would say: done and done!